• Fabgreas (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On January 18, 2017 at 5:33 PM, the wes said:

I would make three changes in this game I would bring in zouma Ake fabregas and rest alonso cahill and Matic 

Cesc in for Matic and that's it, we don't have another league match for 9 days, there is no need for needless rotation.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Cesc in for Matic and that's it, we don't have another league match for 9 days, there is no need for needless rotation.

Zouma needs minutes tho cahill has played in every game this season 

17 minutes ago, the wes said:

Zouma needs minutes tho cahill has played in every game this season 

Zouma can have his minutes in the FA Cup and build from there, until fitness, form or injury dictates otherwise we need to stick to the same team in the league.

Lets just play our strongest squad as we have done all season. This talk of resting players doesn't make any sense to me. We are only in two competitions and until someone gets injured we should play our best team every time. With only one game a week our players shouldn't be tired or rested. When the league is won we will be able to try out fringe players. If the fringe players are good enough now Conte will play them now, that's the type of manager he is. I firmly believe in our manager and it's a while since I thought that about any manager

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Well as nobody agrees with me that we should use this game for a BIT ofexperimenting in certain positions Cry_zpscfgzloue.gif  I predict an easy 3 or 4-0

We have Brentford for experiments.

20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We have Brentford for experiments.

Yeah we cant be too reckless can we? I'm still waiting for somebody to say those imortal words 'this might be our most important game'  I mean like, Hull are still dangerous in 18th place and 36 points behind.

We got to start believing in ourselves again. Which is different to expecting to win.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Yeah we cant be too reckless can we? I'm still waiting for somebody to say those imortal words 'this might be our most important game'  I mean like, Hull are still dangerous in 18th place and 36 points behind.

We got to start believing in ourselves again. Which is different to expecting to win.

Unnecessary rotation and complacency is why Ancelotti and Benitez rarely win league titles, if we want to win the league then we must have the mindset of Hull at home is just as important as City away.

Field our strongest eleven and take three points :)

Brentford is a perfect opportunity to rest some players before two very important games in a title race. Probably the most important games of the season ... we will make a big step towards the title if we can take 4 or 6 points out of it.

8 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Well as nobody agrees with me that we should use this game for a BIT ofexperimenting in certain positions Cry_zpscfgzloue.gif  I predict an easy 3 or 4-0

Only experiment if either the league is wrapped up or the title is out of reach.

17 minutes ago, DDA said:

Only experiment if either the league is wrapped up or the title is out of reach.

So its too risky against a piece of shit team like Hull ro do something totally crazy as to try Chalobah with N'Golo, try Ake as LWB asnd give Happy half a game each!!

Blimey. We better play 9 men back to be on the safeside scared-and-sweating_zpszaml6aee.gifwink_zpsadfjfwot.gif

7 hours ago, Unionjack said:

So its too risky against a piece of shit team like Hull ro do something totally crazy as to try Chalobah with N'Golo, try Ake as LWB asnd give Happy half a game each!!

Blimey. We better play 9 men back to be on the safeside scared-and-sweating_zpszaml6aee.gifwink_zpsadfjfwot.gif

One or two changes is one thing, Cesc in. However the lineup you suggested in the first page would probably see us beat by a League one side, let alone Hull.

42 minutes ago, Tomo said:

One or two changes is one thing, Cesc in. However the lineup you suggested in the first page would probably see us beat by a League one side, let alone Hull.

Well it shouldn't be.. BY RIGHTS they are all good 1st team players. The difference being most are very rusty through no match time, theyve not gelled or played together.

Dropping Cescy into the teasm isn't experimenting, not something unusual. Hes a much trusted amazing player.

All that I'm asking for is that IF and WHEN we are at a comfortable stage - say 2 goals up, we begin to drop in some guys to see how it goes. Not leaving subs to the last 10 mins (or 2 mins in Bats case as theres no good reasoniing I can see for that unless its a tight game and we want to wind down the clock or to halt the opponents rhythm)

One good thing is the games on Sky!!!

21 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Well it shouldn't be.. BY RIGHTS they are all good 1st team players. The difference being most are very rusty through no match time, theyve not gelled or played together.

Dropping Cescy into the teasm isn't experimenting, not something unusual. Hes a much trusted amazing player.

All that I'm asking for is that IF and WHEN we are at a comfortable stage - say 2 goals up, we begin to drop in some guys to see how it goes. Not leaving subs to the last 10 mins (or 2 mins in Bats case as theres no good reasoniing I can see for that unless its a tight game and we want to wind down the clock or to halt the opponents rhythm)

One good thing is the games on Sky!!!

2-3 goals up we can make changes, and while technically they are first team players so were the rotation players that started that night vs QPR. With European football next season (it would take a spectacular fuck up eclipsing last season to be without it now) we can integrate the likes of Zouma, Bathshauyi better, but right now it's important to keep the lead at the top and we can't take chances.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

2-3 goals up we can make changes, and while technically they are first team players so were the rotation players that started that night vs QPR. With European football next season (it would take a spectacular fuck up eclipsing last season to be without it now) we can integrate the likes of Zouma, Bathshauyi better, but right now it's important to keep the lead at the top and we can't take chances.

Haha, it's always next season when it comes to 'integrating' young developing players. I've heard that for over five years. It's never happening. Chelsea is the home of the established.