Do we change to 3-5-2?

Unionjack

Going back to when we was between managers the last time round there was 2 names that was being talked about alot by us Chels lot. Allegri and The Don. At the time there was harsh comments being said about both but I'm sure by now that he has convinced even the most vocal of those against him amongst us that hes doing a shit hot job.
But when he came we were all expecting us to go into a 3-5-2 formation. We waited and waited but realized its not just as simple as that. It takes the right players and it was crystal clear we either didn't have them or the ones we do have weren't ready yet.

I'm wondering now if Conte still has plans in our future to do this? After all it was his 2nd year at Juve he did it there wasn't it?

This is going to be an amazingly big change from going from our current 3-4-3. Not so much for the back 3 or the WBs but it uses no wingers.
And with Eden one of our only proper world class players this is a problem isn't it eh!

So do we put him up front with Diego as 2nd striker, sell him or not change formation? Cause its just not on that he would be as patiant as Cescy is.

Something that comes to my mind is Zidane. Hes cut his contract by 2 years to 2018 so just  MAYBE hes got somewhere lined up for his next job??
We all know our Eden is an ambitios lad and hes also said he wouldn't leave us till we were winners. Well I'm not counting my chickens but we have just as good a chance as we ever have of being just that in the Dons 1st year with us.
But IMHO Eden wont go anywhere until Zidane starts at a new club and snaps his fingers. Eden wopuld be off like a shot. That is of course we did go and become 'winners'
So that leaves Eden with us at least next season.

I think we will get at least some idea at what transfers we go for next month. (IF any at all)
If we go spend alot of money on a much needed proper RW to balance Eden then I cant see a 3-5-2 any time soon. But if we get another top striker like eg: Sanchez or another top Central Midfielder eg: Veratti then the Dom just maybe pondering a 3-5-2.

This would be one of the biggest changes the team has ever made if we take this jump.

We are trusting Conte right now but would that continue if we went and sacrificed a world class player 'for the sake of the team'?

You know what problems there will be so do we do it and what players do we change/buy/sell/uphrade to make it happen?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

3-4-1-2 is totally diff tho innit.

352 would be three CMs with Hazard and Costa up front, 3412 would be Costa with a new striker and Hazard in behind. Reckon long term we will shuffle between both.

Why fix something that's not broken? 

I remember earlier this season he said 3-4-3 wasn't even his first or second option, but he could have easily changed his mind after seei g how it has worked out. 

Also, does anyone know how often he suffled his team/formation at Juve when he was in more competitions? 

15 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

Why fix something that's not broken? 

I remember earlier this season he said 3-4-3 wasn't even his first or second option, but he could have easily changed his mind after seei g how it has worked out. 

Also, does anyone know how often he suffled his team/formation at Juve when he was in more competitions? 

I think he used 3 at the back most of the time but did tinker if the situation required it. 

Re fix that aren't broken we should definitely keep evolving to keep one step ahead of opposition, be it formation personnel. We only need to look at our previous two title defenses to see what happens when you stand still

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I think he used 3 at the back most of the time but did tinker if the situation required it. 

Re fix that aren't broken we should definitely keep evolving to keep one step ahead of opposition, be it formation personnel. We only need to look at our previous two title defenses to see what happens when you stand still

Ive always thought it best to upgrade a winning side. The last couple before Conte I really never could understand. Whether it was the board saying the purse is closed or Mou being an akward.stuborn big headed cunt thinking hould go again using the same lads.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I don't think Conte is afraid to change from 3-4-3 if he needs to. The only issue is whether he has the options to do so. He could certainly do with getting the players he wants to allow him to be flexible.

Thats why I think this next transfer window will tell us alot on hyst what he buys and money spent on them.

We've been starting 343, but changing mid-match a few times.  We even had a 4231 show up for a bit.

I think it's all about personnel.  Conte said that he wanted 424 because we had the wingers.  So, 343 seems logical.

I like the 352, and I thought it was necessary to switch to against Crystal Palace.  We've usually switched when we haven't been able to get a stranglehold on the midfield.  t allows us to keep possession and move the ball from side to side better against the deeper lying teams.  

The ideal would be to be more like Guardiola's Bayern rather than Allegri's Juve, tactial flexibility is something I dont see much in the Premier League, so If we can master it for 90 minutes 343 or 4231 or 433 wont matter, only winning matches will.

Yes, as long as we keep on winning and challenging for the Premier League title AND the Champions League title I'm fine with it.

2 striker system. Costa and who? Eden? Maybe.

Sanchez is currently already getting used by playing as a striker. So we might have to thank Wenger again real soon as he also helped us move to 3-4-3...

What I'm saying tho is these formations aren't all the same. They need specialized players in particular formations. Its why Pep or others thats tried it against us have failed.

We know the 343 is much different to a 352 so we cant use ALL the same players, we either have to sub or start out with them.

DO we have the RIGHT players for the 5 MF apart from WBs. Would we use 3 CDMs or use more like a 3-1-4-2 and use the more crteative CM in deep pocket playmaker role

Its just Edens spot in the system I cant see as I dont think hes a strong enough as an out n out striker. Hes just not got that predatory side and not greedy enough.

Im thinking that just as the 343 takes alot ofr time and training to get right then so will a 352.

Or am I just overthinking it??