Giacomo Bonaventura

Captain Ahmed

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very underrated player. He is the kind of signing that you dont expect much, but under Conte he could flourish.

But he likes to go down in challenges, I like players who have some more balance to push through defensive line instead of looking for foul.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/12/2016 at 1:42 PM, BlueLyon said:

Very underrated player. He is the kind of signing that you dont expect much, but under Conte he could flourish.

But he likes to go down in challenges, I like players who have some more balance to push through defensive line instead of looking for foul.

Do people really underate him?

I have been following this football club for a long while but I don't remember a time when we were consistently linked with such good players. This has not yet been reflected in the players we've been able to sign but it's a start I suppose.

Bonaventura strikes me as the type of footballer you sign first then worry where you play him later. He seems to me to have the versatility to perform various roles in our current shape, but personally I would be tempted to play him as a Six.

Every time I watch Dembele play against us my frustration grows. Someone of that technical excellence in the core of our team would improve us enormously. To those tempted to say that Bonaventura lacks the defensive quality for this role, I would suggest they consider the dramatic contribution Marcos Alonso has made to our defensive solidity. I can't repeat often enough that if you improve your ability to maintain possession and distribute the ball you automatically also improve your defence. Bonaventura excels at manipulating the football in tight spaces to earn himself room to play. Boy, could we use someone like that in the middle of the park.

My overall belief however is that, even if the experiment of using him at Six failed,  Bonaventura is still a player you'd want in your squad to use in a more forward situation.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You