• Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Chalobah (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)

5 hours ago, Azpinator said:

Okay, Luiz was great. But I have to give a shout-out to the unsung hero which was CESAR FUCKING AZPILICUETA.

Diego, Dave, David and Moses (for the 1st half) did very well. Kante was OK, but we were overwhelmed by their press many times and it was a rough match for our MF. 

If they had a quick striker who put shots on target, Middlesborough could be a dangerous side under Karanka despite their lower quality lineup.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Rekin said:

Important win. We did however see more of our weaknesses today. 
While Pedro was unlucky to not score twice today, he was invisible otherwise. Matic and Kante were somewhat solid in the middle, but offered almost nothing going forward. Hazard and Costa looked tired, and did not have a lot of good link-ups. 

Our success is extremely reliant on having all our key players available. I think we need to buy 1-2 players in January, but we still need to buy a few starting players next summer. 

I also think that while Costa is in great form, he is a finisher. He relies on others creating either space, or opportunities, for him (not to say he never creates something out of nothing). Hazard is the only player really capable of making plays happen, and if he is out of form/injured our offensive suffers. It is imperative for our future success that the right flank gets someone who can do more than run quickly and/or make short passes back and forth while running a lot. We are simply not going to get a lot of chances created by Pedro, Matic, Kante, Oscar or Willian. Their strengths lie elsewhere.  

How many world class players this days that can play both sides of the ball well and capable playing in two man midfield ? I can't think any players on top of my head.

In term of replacement for pedro, who should we sign ? Everyone mentioned Griezman who has been brilliant for Atletico but if you want to see Atletico Griezman you have to play him in the middle, Deschamps tried to play him on the right winger and he was not as effective.

Mahrez is inter anesting option. He was brilliant last season but he need to prove that he is not one season wonder

10 hours ago, Rekin said:

Important win. We did however see more of our weaknesses today. 
While Pedro was unlucky to not score twice today, he was invisible otherwise. Matic and Kante were somewhat solid in the middle, but offered almost nothing going forward. Hazard and Costa looked tired, and did not have a lot of good link-ups. 

Our success is extremely reliant on having all our key players available. I think we need to buy 1-2 players in January, but we still need to buy a few starting players next summer. 

I also think that while Costa is in great form, he is a finisher. He relies on others creating either space, or opportunities, for him (not to say he never creates something out of nothing). Hazard is the only player really capable of making plays happen, and if he is out of form/injured our offensive suffers. It is imperative for our future success that the right flank gets someone who can do more than run quickly and/or make short passes back and forth while running a lot. We are simply not going to get a lot of chances created by Pedro, Matic, Kante, Oscar or Willian. Their strengths lie elsewhere.  

You've got it. 

January, for me is: another LWB (or, Kenedy if Conte thinks he's suitable) and another CM. Alonso just isn't enough for that LWB position, nor does he himself offer enough skill on the ball to add a dimension to our attack; too predictable, slow and one-dimensional.

The new CB will have to come whenever possible, I guess.

I don't know who would be a great buy for an attacker, but the rumours are still going on that young attacker at Porto: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2673992-chelsea-transfer-news-andre-silva-scouted-amid-manchester-united-rumours#

If ManCity take Messi in January, the title race is probably over (along with Yaya playing). 

people saying it wasn't a good performance makes me wonder if I watched a different game.. chelsea was fantastic, the intricate passing and movement, omg... at times I couldn't believe my eyes

Ground out the result which could be a sign of champions. Had a cracking day with my lad, the Chelsea fans unreal again and at work this morning having lost my voice.

Got some great pictures with Courtois, Pat Nevin, Emenalo and Buck. All of them came over and spoke to us outside the ground and all this following from meeting the lads at the hotel the previous night.

It wasn't our best performance but for a performance of champions, you won't win every game like we did against Everton but winning is all that matters.

Will post pictures later of all the players.

Easier than it looked.
Costa has become killer.
I notice that when outside the area he is not as nimble as the others but he has become killer.
I expect a fair goal margin against Spurs next week, but the one after against City looks like a more difficult test.

2 hours ago, ZOS said:

people saying it wasn't a good performance makes me wonder if I watched a different game.. chelsea was fantastic, the intricate passing and movement, omg... at times I couldn't believe my eyes

Never happy mate - always wanting to buy players and not give players a chance.... And in the next post will complain no youth players get a chance 😂😂😂

I have had to eat my words on Moses and Pedro - both have been great this season! Ok, Pedro maybe had a quiet game in places - but I put that down to the International break and the 11 men behind the ball tactics of Boro and they were the home team!!! 

We're not going to play amazing every week - but winning is what counts 

pas for the Alonso criticism - just shocked TBH - he gets up and down the line all game and puts in lots of crosses - do people not remember how we played before? 

Oh well - I'm buzzing and not gonna let the moaners spoil my mood 😂😂😂

21 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Some pictures from the hotel and after the game yesterday.

2ldaql0.jpg

20qb70j.jpg

k568pe.jpg

s0zwwx.jpg

308v4t2.jpg

14cz9te.jpg

20znvip.jpg

34nf684.jpg

v98na.jpg

15qp20p.jpg

Sounds like you had a great time mate. Memories like that will stick in yer lads head forever,

I think Alonso had a good game. He put alot of crosses in but there were nobody there to meet them.

Diego might 'just' be a finisher but he picked that ball up yesterday in the middle of 5 bloody Boro. He managed somehow to stick it in the net. It left the players agog just looking at each other thibking WTF!!! You cant teach that. I fuckin love him. Any team in the world would kill for their own Beast

Theres no way on this tiny earth I can see us osing to Spuds..

I think

Great win...especially as three of our rivals dropped points this weekend. And fantastic to hear 'we're top of the league'' being sung again

..to be honest, I'd happily come away with two points from the next two games. We've got a nice little run of fixtures once we have played City....

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Great win...especially as three of our rivals dropped points this weekend. And fantastic to hear 'we're top of the league'' being sung again

..to be honest, I'd happily come away with two points from the next two games. We've got a nice little run of fixtures once we have played City....

We do sing it quite well eh. Not got difficult lyrics.

Another very good display. It was always going to be a nervous finish (with it being only 1-0), but the only opportunity of note was Negredo's shot.

Comparing how we played under Mourinho, we have so many more options on the wings. The amount of time the ball was quickly switched out to Moses or Alonso (particularly Moses) just goes to show that teams at present aren't able to cope with our new system in that our tactic (keeping Moses for example out wide all the time) is unable to be countered or stopped.

It's obvious how playing 3 at the back has helped our forward play too. They have enough options along the back to play it between themselves and when there's space to move forward (helped by the opposition's wingers having to mark Moses and Alonso out wide) they can bring the ball up themselves and then play a simple ball into Costa, Hazard or Pedro. This tactic also helps to spring quick attacks (think about how many times Hazard or Pedro (particularly Hazard)) received a ball to feet from one of the centre backs, turned and then ran directly at their back line.

I certainly haven't seen us play this well for years and years and years!

Just a final point and it's one I noticed from the game yesterday - there's the potential for us to be caught out when both Moses and Alonso are 'forward' but the ball is still at the back. I recall Gaston Ramirez having a chance in the second half when Middlesborough won the ball high up the pitch and towards our left back position. As Alonso and Moses were pushed higher up, as the ball got passed by Middlesborough across the edge of the 18 yard box it fell to the feet of Ramirez who had time to pick out a shot (albeit it went into the stands) - in a 'normal' 4-4-2 the right back would have likely been a lot closer to the centre backs and would therefore have picked up Ramirez. - Only a very minor concern though!

18 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

There's no way we can be happy with 2 points. We won 6 games in a row without conceding ffs. Why would we want only 2 points? Tottenham are more than beatable at home as long as we play "our" game... I would take a point at City tho. So 4 points would do it for me.

3 hours ago, Tautvix said:

There's no way we can be happy with 2 points. We won 6 games in a row without conceding ffs. Why would we want only 2 points? Tottenham are more than beatable at home as long as we play "our" game... I would take a point at City tho. So 4 points would do it for me.

It's not a question of ''wanting 2 points''. If the run continues all well and good. However I am a realist. We are going to drop points at some juncture

5 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

City fair enough but Spurs will be two points dropped if we don't win, at Stamford Bridge with no Rose and no (or at worse not a fully fit) Alderwierld in my opinion their two best defenders, we should be looking to cash in on that.

21 hours ago, Rekin said:

I also think that while Costa is in great form, he is a finisher. He relies on others creating either space, or opportunities, for him (not to say he never creates something out of nothing).

You say this but he's actually been one of most creative players this season. His all round game has been great.