CRESPO NO LONGER A BLUE

CRESPO NO LONGER A BLUE

Posted on: Thu 03 Jul 2008After his contract expired this week, Hernan Crespo is no longer a Chelsea player.

The Argentine forward had been on loan with Inter Milan for the past two seasons, after playing an important role in our 2005/6 Premier League success.

Crespo, who turns 33 this week, signed for the club in the summer of 2003 when Roman Abramovich took control.

In 19 league games that season, Crespo scored 10 goals, with two more coming in Champions League action.

A year later he was loaned to AC Milan, scoring twice in the Champions League Final of 2005, before seeing his side lose on penalties to Liverpool.

Returning to Stamford Bridge, Crespo was a regular figure in the side during 2005/6, scoring 13 times in all competitions as we retained our Premier League crown.

We thank Hernan for his efforts in a Chelsea shirt, and wish him well in the future.

Edited by terry26

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great player, shame he couldn't settle here.

He was willing to settle.

It was his missus who wanted out of the country after Verons house was 'house jacked' and all their jewelry(sp?) etc; was stolen.

After that she moved back to Italy with the kid....Roman was letting him use his jet to fly back over in between games but he wanted to be closer 24/7.

Good luck Hernan. :blue scalf:

Should have sold him instead of paying half his wage or whatever deal was going on with Inter.

We get nothing now.........right? <_<

Course we don't, his contract's expired. It just means we get to stop paying his wages. Lesson learnt hopefully - at least they weren't prepared to do the same with Sheva.

Course we don't, his contract's expired. It just means we get to stop paying his wages. Lesson learnt hopefully - at least they weren't prepared to do the same with Sheva.

We was too good to Crespo, we had a world class player on our books and we let him leave on loan, getting no transfer fee and paying some his wages still just because his family wasn't happy here!

We should have said to him that we would help him find a permanant club so we get a fee, but in the meantime he has to stay. If he wasn't prepared to take a lower salary to move out of the country then that would be up to him.

I am sure we won't do it again, and we shouldn't

Hall of fame ?

I wouldnt offer him a seat on the bus. In all honesty, he didnt do anything worthy enough to be reguarded as a Chelsea legend.

He showed his class when he was at Chelsea. He scored some fantastic goals, shame he didn't get more time to prove more of it. He was one of our better players under Abramovich who didn't get a chance.

Edited by CJ Revo

i agree a great player but i wouldn't go so far as saying Hall of Fame material

still it's always worth mentioning the goal against Wigan LOL

Crespo scored some absolute corkers for us thats for sure. Infact his best one i think was one dissalowed wrongly against Liverpool at home.. If he had stayed for the full length of his contract then he would be able to be considered a great i think.