• Matic
    • Fabregas
    • Oscar
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

we all have dreams but we all know that is never gonna happen too.

I am not a fan of RLC he is by no means as good as the hype around him suggests IMO but even tho there have been countless occasions were his capabilites would have been much more handy than everything FAbregas, Ramires or Mikel can offer.

At this point I feel like a midfield consisting of mikel-rlc-matic genuinely lacks drive and creativity and to undo the similar midfield of Schweinsteiger-Carrick-Schneiderlin we should feature 3 attacking mids like usual. so I'd much rather give Kenedy a shot

I wouldn't have a problem with that either..I just think we need to shore up our defensive frailties. That's why I would go with two DM's. But at the end of the day if we can score more than them we win. Sometimes I think we are overloaded and unbalanced by our midfield/attack. We need to stop leaking silly goals and start restructuring from the back.....Four new defenders is where we should start. At this present time none (including JT and Aspi) are performing to the level expected of them week in, week out. There was a time when once we scored we would be confident we could close out a match, but now, unless we score three it ain't gonna happen, and that not top four form.

I really fear for the future of our club. There was a time when we had two world class players for every position on the field, now we dont even have one. No youth coming through since JT, which is ten years now, despite our youth being Kings of England and Europe.

Sorry mate, I'm off on a rant here!!!! But getting back to the good point you made. I will be fine with us starting Kenedy, I will be fine with whoever we start, as long as CHANGES are made to the old guard. We really need a complete seed change, and to get the club back on track for the long term, not a short term fix.

Our club is in a massive decline, never seen before in the Premiership. We need changes NOW, before it becomes terminal.

Rant over :rant: :blue scalf:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not difficult to understand where the real problem lies. Compare the players with, for example, season 2008-2009 (3rd in Pl, semi final CL, winner of FA cup). Three cases in point:

Matic v. Lampard

Oscar v. Ballack

Costa v. Drogba.

Three leaders, three legends that have been replaced by just average players.

Our recruitment has not corresponded to what we can expect from a top-flight club.

Look just at the attacking players, we had at the time: Malouda, Torres, Drogba, Kalou, Lukaku and Sturridge. We now have just Costa and Remy.

We have what we deserve after all.

Okay, it's been 24 hours so here goes.

Ivanovic was his usual self and was beaten continuously. Nothing new here. A few on here have suggested Kenedy in this position and I would be open to seeing it. Thought he played okay his one match there. Why not give him another. He's got pace and physical enough plus some offensive prowess.

Cesc. At least Guus could see it and subbed him out at halftime for Mikel. Sadly, Mikel looked better than Cesc going forward.

Why does Oscar even take the pen?? Should have been Costa all the way. Strange decision.

Thought Costa had his best game in a long time. He seemed to play under control for the most part while showing better positioning and pace. He was not playing from the wing all day! The late yellow was stupid.

Willian played a superb game though he was off on some of his passes and free kicks, but overall played well.

Hazard made an immediate impact when he came on a drew two defenders every time at the corner of the box. This should open things up for others,

Some bad luck with deflection on the second Watford goal. Oscar's pen was unlucky if not just atrocious.

All and all, could have easily been a 3-2 win if Oscar drills it home and everyone would have felt really good about the result I think, so don't let Oscar's poor shot ruin the effort. I saw improvement in most phases of the game and hope the improvement continues each and every match. Top 4 is unlikely so let's focus on getting better each game and trying to have success in the FA Cup and CL.

Ultimately, our success THIS year will be defined by who we sign in January & Summer and who is named coach. If those decisions are excellent, the finish to 2015-16 will be defined as a success given our current position.

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf: