Pracidelli accepts Chelsea offer

Goalkeeper coach Carlos Pracidelli has confirmed he has accepted an offer to link up with Luiz Felipe Scolari at Chelsea.

The Palmeiras backroom team member is parting from the Brazilian club on amicable terms as they appreciate it was a move he could not refuse.

Having worked with Scolari in the past, the switch to London appeals to the South American who will form part of a new-look line-up behind the scenes at Stamford Bridge.

"He said I could count on being on the technical committee and asked if I would accept the invitation," he told Futebol Interior.

"Immediately, I accepted because I know Felipao. I know how he works because we were together here at Palmeiras and the Brazilian national team.

"For this reason, I did not comment with anyone [at first, due to secrecy]. When Felipao let me know that everything was right and the names proposed were accepted, I informed the board of Palmeiras.

"The directors of Palmeiras shook my hand. They know this is a rare opportunity in a professional career and are releasing me without any resentment."

A three-year deal awaits Pracidelli at Stamford Bridge where he will reportedly join Flavio Teixeira and Darlan Schneider on the technical team.

Source: Setanta Sports

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean the end for Mr Lollichon or will he work alongside him?

It's not very clear is it? Assuming that Pracidelli is being brought in as a goalkeeper coach then yes it would be the end of Lollichon. Which is no big suprise, all managers like to have their own team of staff in place.

Cech chose the current guy himself so surely he has to stay?

I don't think the club said, Petr who do you want as your coach? I think they went to him and said, you got any recommendations? He said Lollichon, they looked him up and found him satisfactory and went on from there.

I don't think the club said, Petr who do you want as your coach? I think they went to him and said, you got any recommendations? He said Lollichon, they looked him up and found him satisfactory and went on from there.

Yup, that is probably what happened. Even though Cech is probably more than happy to work with Lollichon still, this is the way it happens. The new manager brings in the people he trusts to bring the best out of his players.

Still suprises over the silence regarding Clarke. Will be itneresting to finally get some information come the 1st July!!!

Lollichon also worked as a fitness coach alongside Glen Driscoll to replace Rui Faria, I believe. His methods of goalkeeper training are excellent, he certainly works the keepers to their core.

How do you know that ?