2nd Team (bold = on the bench):

---------------------Butland-----------------------

-Ivanovic-----Cahill----Christensen-----Ake-

-------------Ramires--------RLC-----------------

-Milner-------------Oscar-----------Cuadrado-

---------------------Remy--------------------------

Others in squad: Blackman, Bamford.

In: Milner (Free), Reus (£50M), Butland (£10M). Overall In = £60M

Out: Cech (£15M), Mikel (£10M), Drogba (retired), Kalas (£5M), Salah (£13.5M), Moses (£5M), Kane + Kakuta + Piazon + McEachren (£6.5M). Overall Out = £55M

Overall expenditure = £5M.

I know im quoting this late but only just seen this post.

I don't see what the appeal of Butland is, he is crap and his reputation is solely built on the Olympics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tIFL2p1fJo

Great words by Neville. We can actually add world class winger Bale for net worth around 10-20M if we sell players like Mikel, Ramires and Oscar. I am not sure about adding players like Douglas Costa, because we don't need squad players. We need some world class quality in front 3 attacking midfield positions and probably even in midfield because Fabregas seems lost in big games ... he is more nr.10 than holding midfielder ;) Player like Naingollan, Gundogan, Vidal, Schneiderlin would be perfect :)

Rather include some young players from loan and academy for rotation instead of buying average players ;) We need some big quality this summer and this is it.

What about striker and central defender? I wouldn't buy a new striker .. If we can get one experienced striker on loan for one year and than Bamford can take his place, this would be a nice move. Otherwise Solanke or Bamford as 3rd striker this year. And the same goes for central defender ... we would probably need some depth on CB position, but with Terry and Cahill probably playing 90% of all games it's not that urgent. I can't see Varane coming here and being fine with bench. IMO Tomaš Kalaš is great rotational player who can also play RB where we don't have real sub for Ivanović.

I know im quoting this late but only just seen this post.

I don't see what the appeal of Butland is, he is crap and his reputation is solely built on the Olympics.

Always rated Butland. Was gutted when he chose Stoke over us when he left Birmingham. He's the best young English GK around ATM. The only one anywhere near him is Bond. I personally think he's the best English GK that is gettable as Hart and Forster are settled at their clubs and any other good English GKs are starting at their respective clubs and are unlikely to want to move onto the bench, even if it is for Chelsea. Butland has never been even 2nd choice at Stoke though so pilfering him would essentially be upgrading him to 2nd choice and will give him the chance to maybe play in Europe and likely win a fair few medals in his career.

I would personally love to add Miralem Pjanic

no thanks! simply not good enough for Chelsea, like Isco and Coutinho his style of play is nice to watch but really isnt good enough to start regularly for a top top team.

Always rated Butland. Was gutted when he chose Stoke over us when he left Birmingham. He's the best young English GK around ATM. The only one anywhere near him is Bond. I personally think he's the best English GK that is gettable as Hart and Forster are settled at their clubs and any other good English GKs are starting at their respective clubs and are unlikely to want to move onto the bench, even if it is for Chelsea. Butland has never been even 2nd choice at Stoke though so pilfering him would essentially be upgrading him to 2nd choice and will give him the chance to maybe play in Europe and likely win a fair few medals in his career.

Theres a reason he has never even been second choice for Stoke and that is because he isn't very good, i saw a lot of Birmingham games with him there and he bordered on awful half the time, his shot stopping was horrendous i remember a game vs Boro in 12/13 when Birmingham won 3-2 and even Turnbull would have saved the two he let in.
Im with you in the HG back up, but we need to be aiming for better than Butland imo.

no thanks! simply not good enough for Chelsea, like Isco and Coutinho his style of play is nice to watch but really isnt good enough to start regularly for a top top team.

That's ridiculous. He is absolutely good enough for Chelsea. He played well in the world cup last year, I'm not sure how he did this year, but every time I've seen him play, whether with Bosnia or Roma he has impressed me. Not sure where he would play, but he's a very good player.

Theres a reason he has never even been second choice for Stoke and that is because he isn't very good, i saw a lot of Birmingham games with him there and he bordered on awful half the time, his shot stopping was horrendous i remember a game vs Boro in 12/13 when Birmingham won 3-2 and even Turnbull would have saved the two he let in.
Im with you in the HG back up, but we need to be aiming for better than Butland imo.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I agree we should aim as high as we should with the HG backup, but IMO Butland is the 3rd best English GK around at the moment so... him for me. I would be happy with Ruddy too. As long as they're HG though it should be fine, whoever it is.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I agree we should aim as high as we should with the HG backup, but IMO Butland is the 3rd best English GK around at the moment so... him for me. I would be happy with Ruddy too. As long as they're HG though it should be fine, whoever it is.

Fair enough, I'd be happy with Ruddy, my ideal would be Begovic despite not being HG.

• 4 weeks later...

1296343_Chelsea.jpg

Subs: Begovic, Ivanovic, Zouma, Ake, Ramires, RLC, Aranguiz, Willian, Remy, Falcao, Solanke

Sold: Oscar, Cuadrado, Mikel, Salah, Moses, Romeu, Marin, Van Ginkel, Piazon

Possible Buys: Pedro, Varane, Pogba, Reus, Stones, Benteke, Bale

1296343_Chelsea.jpg

Subs: Begovic, Ivanovic, Zouma, Ake, Ramires, RLC, Aranguiz, Willian, Remy, Falcao, Solanke

Sold: Oscar, Cuadrado, Mikel, Salah, Moses, Romeu, Marin, Van Ginkel, Piazon

Possible Buys: Pedro, Varane, Pogba, Reus, Stones, Benteke, Bale

Replace Griezmann with Pedro and it could be a realistic line up

Considering the list of targets we seem to be after -

Against easier opponents -

Costa

Hazard ---- Oscar ---- Pedro

Matic ---- Cesc

Luis ---- JT ---- Zouma ---- Ivan (1)

Courtois

In tougher fixtures -

Costa

Hazard ------------------------ Willian

Ramires (2) -------- Cesc

Matic

Dave ---- JT ---- Cahill ---- Ivan

Courtois

(1) I'd pick Dave there but since it's not going to happen, why bother.

(2) Or Aranguiz/ Witsel