Your ideal team for next season ?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn you, Tomo. I'm so tired of the Ivanovic and Azpi combo.

I seem to be alone in the fact I think Azpi is better defensively as a left back, and I think his lack of forward play is more instructions than him being incapable, whenhe has gone forward he has contributed to some goals, prime example Diego Costas winner at Anfield.

I just think the biggest clue is that we seem to be linked with right backs and not left backs (Cresswell aside but he will clearly be nothing beyond cover if we get him) like Clyne and Stones (who can play RB) is a clear indication that Cesar has left back on lock down unless he has a catastrophic dip in form.

I seem to be alone in the fact I think Azpi is better defensively as a left back, and I think his lack of forward play is more instructions than him being incapable, whenhe has gone forward he has contributed to some goals, prime example Diego Costas winner at Anfield.

I just think the biggest clue is that we seem to be linked with right backs and not left backs (Cresswell aside but he will clearly be nothing beyond cover if we get him) like Clyne and Stones (who can play RB) is a clear indication that Cesar has left back on lock down unless he has a catastrophic dip in form.

I'd personally be fine with Azpi on the left with a better option on the right. A backline this slow and sluggish is not of this age.

Too much fifa ultimate team in this thread...

Realistically we will probably sign Green as backup to Courtois and that is about it LOL, well unless Oscar leaves which in that case we will get someone like Koke or Pogba but I doubt we will just go out there and throw 50-80m on someone like that unless a big name in our team is leaving for a big fee like last summer.

Too much fifa ultimate team in this thread...

Realistically we will probably sign Green as backup to Courtois and that is about it LOL, well unless Oscar leaves which in that case we will get someone like Koke or Pogba but I doubt we will just go out there and throw 50-80m on someone like that unless a big name in our team is leaving for a big fee like last summer.

So you assume the club thinks the squad is perfect? or you assume the club cant afford to buy any field players?

Thats not a "Realistic" view in any way. Thats your view which usually tends to go to certain ways. But just dont try to sell it, and yourself, as "Realistic", dont be that person.

So you assume the club thinks the squad is perfect? or you assume the club cant afford to buy any field players?

Thats not a "Realistic" view in any way. Thats your view which usually tends to go to certain ways. But just dont try to sell it, and yourself, as "Realistic", dont be that person.

------------------Courtois--------------------

Azpi------Iva---------------Terry------Luís

--------------Matic-------Fábregas--------

Reus------------Hazard---------------Bale

------------------Costa-----------------------

We don't need a CB right now, nor a RB, LB, DM, CM.... there's one thing that our team lacks, firepower. We need to DESTROY teams like fecking PSG, Barcelona is not much better than us overall, but they have fucking MSN upfront, that's the problem and needs to be the first thing to be addressed, no ifs, ands or buts.

Yep because after a double winning season the club will go out and spend 100m without recouping anything just to 'improve' the squad. Remember 09-10 season we won the league and ended up siging Ramires as our only big signing. I don't think we will go out and spend real big money unless a big name player leaves.

That said we can still look for around the 15-20m bracket as backup like Cuadrado type, that is more realistic.

Yep because after a double winning season the club will go out and spend 100m without recouping anything just to 'improve' the squad. Remember 09-10 season we won the league and ended up siging Ramires as our only big signing. I don't think we will go out and spend real big money unless a big name player leaves.

That said we can still look for around the 15-20m bracket as backup like Cuadrado type, that is more realistic.

You said, "Realistically we will probably sign Green as backup to Courtois and that is about it", unless we sell Oscar, I respond to what you wrote. You didnt mention any 15-20m players. And btw i didnt mention any 100m signings.

And I dont think you can bring 09-10 times to suggest things will be the same, we're a totally different club since than, not the same people are running the transfers and the squad, except Roman.

And what a mistake not improving and evolving the squad after 09/10 was, you really think Jose will rest on his laurels like that? He is probably plotting back to back title's as we speak.

I think we will sign:

Godin, he is 29, atleico will try to cash on him and they already have their replacement in Gimenez. You all know Mourinho, he will want to win cL next year and he will want experienced top CB to do it.

Griezmann, who could be our "big" signing. He is ambitious and has release clause. We simply need a top RW and I think he is most possible to get.

CM like Scheniderlin, Imbula or someone similar to add depth or if we sell Mikel.

Average experienced GK.

Koke, Pogba and Bale, Varane are unrealistic IMO.

I think it will be suicidal going with Iva and Azpi as fullbacks, but Mou will stick to them anyway and its nothing we can do.

Courtois

Iva-Terry-Godin-Azpi

Matic-Cesc

Griezmann-Oscar-Hazard

Costa

Its not my ideal lineup but most possible one.