Fixtures 2008-9

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full fixtures courtesy of the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...res/default.stm

A rather tough start to the season when you look at it: Pompey, Spurs, Man City and Man Utd with Wigan squeezed inbetween. Would set us up nicely if we win all those to start with...

I notice ManUtd have Pompey before (cherity Shield) and straight after the first home game.

Also - games against Liverpool, ManUtd, Arsenal and Spuds are all away in the second half of the season. Sunderland have replaced Newcastle as the last game :)

Having the big away games in the second half of the season is a bit of f**ker....it's hard to read too much into fixtures though. But looking at the Arse's they could build a strong lead again and tail away looking at their fixtures, first 10 or so very winnable for them.

Confident Chelsea will win the League. This will either occur against Bolton (11/4) ok bit optinistic or more likely Fulham on 2nd May.

That would be nice, would love to go to the Emirates and watch the Arsenal clap us out :D

Im not happy with our fixtures, having them big teams away from home on the turn of the year is shite.

''Due to TV coverage in Guendong Province, Vietnam, Malaysia and other parts of Asia Kick Off dates and times are subject to change.

This may mean crucial ''Armageddon Battles'' between Arsenal v Chelsea, Liverpool v ManUtd being played at 4:00am Fridays BST. Less consequential Hull v Chelsea ''David and Goliath War Games'' will now be commencing at 6:00am BST on Tuesdays''

I'm actually glad that most important fixtures in the first half are at home as they make them more winnable and get us into a lead , we arent arsenal to slip up atleast not that bad..

but the first few fixtures are too tough a test for scolari, if we win all of them say draw in one of them even then it would be a fantastic result and set up nicely for the rest of the season..

i'm not sure but i think we have more players who have played more in the euros and hence might be lax at the start of the season or just too tired..

I'm actually glad that most important fixtures in the first half are at home as they make them more winnable and get us into a lead , we arent arsenal to slip up atleast not that bad..

Spot on. Not much rest for the players with these two - the Champions League final is on 27 May with the FA Cup Final on 30 May :)