Khalid Boulahrouz

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts are that, judging players over the period of time is a better option than judging them based on their performances in one match or a tournament. Milan Baros an example that comes to my mind.

Boulahrouz was great for us only in one game when he owned Ronaldinho at the bridge. We gotta look for a talent who gives such performances day in and day out for a club over the entire season.

Thoughts are that, judging players over the period of time is a better option than judging them based on their performances in one match or a tournament. Milan Baros an example that comes to my mind.

Boulahrouz was great for us only in one game when he owned Ronaldinho at the bridge. We gotta look for a talent who gives such performances day in and day out for a club over the entire season.

But I'm not solely judging him one two matches. What I was saying is that he has been magnificent over the tournament so far, there is no implication there I am judging him on those two games alone. He plays consistently well for the Netherlands in the centre and on the right. He's made the likes of Camorenesi, Ribery, Henry, Malouda, Grosso and the like look very ordinary over these two games and is by far the best defender in the Dutch team. Plus he's a monster going forward. Let's not forget that 06/07 was really his 'settling in' period at the Bridge, selling him basically one year on would be very stupid. If both Belletti and Ferreira move on, who plays right back? Granted that Bosingwa looks very good from what little I've seen of him, but who offers cover? Ivanovic hasn't even played competitive football for 6 months let alone Premier League football, and Boulahrouz deserves a second shot IMO.

With the ammount of defenders we have in the squad at the moment there is just no way i can see him forcing his way in! However with a new manager comming in you would think that everyone will get together pre season and the manager will decide who to let go, so there maybe if he can perform a chance to force himself back in.

it also runs out any chances of mancienne making our squad..

even if we don't end up buying anyone now, highly unlikely but possible if no one leaves and scolari trusts malouda, swp and kalou, i'd still like us to sell of some of our players like pizarro, benhaim, belletti, sidwell combined they could easily get close to 15 million pounds.. reduce the wage bill and we could fill these with youth well atleast pizarro and sidwell's spots..

it also runs out any chances of mancienne making our squad..

even if we don't end up buying anyone now, highly unlikely but possible if no one leaves and scolari trusts malouda, swp and kalou, i'd still like us to sell of some of our players like pizarro, benhaim, belletti, sidwell combined they could easily get close to 15 million pounds.. reduce the wage bill and we could fill these with youth well atleast pizarro and sidwell's spots..

When a new manager comes in during the summer it is hard to predict what is going to happen when it comes to the playing staff. Obviously Scolari will want to have a look at the players himself and he will also get advice from the coaches already there.

We will just have to wait and see what happens with certain squad players and also some young players who may get a chance like Mancienne and Cork

We will just have to wait and see what happens with certain squad players and also some young players who may get a chance like Mancienne and Cork

thats the irritating part, i mean first all this wait for a manager and now for the transfers lol.. :thumbsdown:

thats the irritating part, i mean first all this wait for a manager and now for the transfers lol.. :thumbsdown:

Us football fans are an impatient bunch thats for sure, never happy..... :)

Well we are 2 weeks away from the start of the Scolari reign, that is when we will see things start to take shape.