Martin Odegaard

supporter

I laugh at the people saying he made a stupid decision to join RM. If the club is mad enough to commit to paying a 16 year old kid 65-80k a week for who knows how many years, he and his family will be set for life even if he breaks his leg in the next training session and never plays a senior football match again.

Had he gone to Ajax or some other club known for being good with youngsters he would now be in an environment better suited for his development as a player but at 16 it's still way too early to say if he would still ever make it to actually be good enough for that kind of money and I'm 100% sure the kid would one day regret not going to Real Madrid if he never developed good enough for the big leagues and was stuck playing Eredivisie level football on peanut wages at his peak. We see these hyped youngsters all the time and most of them don't ever even peak at the level where they can earn themselves a five year contract worth around €20m total.

Even if things don't work out for him at Real Madrid he can still become one hell of a player because in say three years from now he'll only be 19 and that's pretty much the age people usually just enter the world of first team football at top level. He'll have earned a fortune by then and if he wants I'm sure a club like Ajax would still welcome him with open arms.

If a transfer in football can ever be called a no-brainer from the player's perspective it's this one.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You