Malouda: It's Avram's fault

FLORENT MALOUDA insists he will become a hit at Chelsea - if Avram Grant lets him.

The French ace joined the Blues last summer for £13.5million and is yet to shine for the Stamford Bridge club.

Malouda made just 16 starts this season but blames boss Grant for his poor form.

The ex-Lyon star, 27, said: "My lack of games is not down to me. It's the coach's choice.

"All I can do is keep trying hard to be ready if selected.

"I've never doubted my ability or whether I could make my mark in this league.

"I've been a starter more regularly in Europe and I'd look back at this year as a success if I ended up winning the European Cup with this team.

"I came here to win trophies and on Wednesday I have the chance to do that."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1180840.ece

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again the title bares no correlation to what he's saying. Good old Sun, always shit stirring.

Maloudas a good player just needs to speed up a bit, snort a bit of Mutu or something.

Bullshit sky have the same story but without the shananagans, give malouda one more

season and i think he will shine.

i agree at times he hasnt looked that great...but tossing him aside is not the answer either. Not only is it a waste of money but a waste of a player. Most attcking players take time to adjust to the EPL - especially if they are not the focus of attack. I'm sure he was unsettled with the Jose thing too. Give him time - he has quality.

coaches/managers as a whole r quick to toss a player who doesn't start playing well right from the start.. some ppl take a lil more time to adjust... he came from Lyon, and french football has a different style to it than English... give him some more time and I'm sure he will be fine...

If he was playing so well, he woulda played more. its a simple theory and its true. Hes been average or below in most of his games this season. Hes not a match winner and he doesnt change games. If he wants more games, he needs to get that extra 10% to his game, worthy of the possition he plays.

Malouda had his chance to shine,he didn't.But he deserves one more season.

Yeah agreed, you just gotta think of Makelele when he first came to Chelsea. He found it hard to adapt, but then the following season, he turned out to be the best defensive midfielder in the world under Jose Mourinho.

Best left winger under Avram Grant?? I doubt it, but I bet he will be a sound player for next season.