2005/2006 Chelsea team

Statiscally the best side in English football history.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25617-best-ever-english-football-team-revealed-by-statistics.html?utm_source=NSNS&utm_medium=SOC&utm_campaign=facebookgoogletwitter&cmpid=SOC%7CNSNS%7C2012-GLOBAL-facebookgoogletwitter#.U35RHHJdXmR

The first half off that season was ridiculous, won all bar 2 league games and went like 18 points clear or something, dropped off a bit in the 2nd but still walked the league, could have hit 100 points that season but guess were have to settle for being the best team in English football history ;)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been so confident about my team winning football matches than i was with this team. Literally every game we played i thought, we can't lose here! And it was rare that we did. Incredible stuff!!

I think the reason it wouldn't get as much recognition is because we couldn't add a European Cup in Mourinho's tenure then/it didn't go on long enough.. Not that it matters, whether other fans will admit or not we did make it more interesting with our rise to title contenders because the power battle between Man United and Arsenal was on the verge of getting stale.

Chelsea, with City, introduced a lot more competition along with Liverpool this season. It makes for strong interest whichever way you look at it.

I remember when United beat us 1-0 with Fletcher scoring and they were celebrating like they won the World Cup. Proves just how good we were, that when a team beat us it was huge for them.

or they saw it as a massive victory in their bid to close the gap on Wigan in 2nd ;)
In all seriousness the start of that season i loved the fact that the likes off Henry, Defoe, Bent were all on form tearing team's apart yet when they played us they literally didn't get a sniff.