Crystal Palace 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

I'm not ready to panic just yet, far too much to play for in the run-in, and considering we are playing without any sort of striker quality I think the fact we are 'still in it' speaks volumes about the group under Jose. My outlook at the start of this season was to secure CL status for the following season, we have done that, we just need to spend correctly come the summer and the possibilities are endless next year. I think we have punched above our weight this year, we have players like who are new and still adapting to a style the manager is creating.

These game happen, not every game is going to cruise control and mass drubbings, that for me was what people were expecting of this game following the Arsenal game. You have to give credit to Pulis and Palace though. They got right in our faces, played long balls and ruffled our style and feathers. The positives are still there though if want to find them, our defence is still very good and this was one of those games that everything in front of it just went wrong and didn't click.

I was massively disappointed in Hazard with that one chance he got where Speroni saved it, people kept saying what a save it was....it was decent but had he let that in his manager would be furious as for it was away from him enough and at a height any keeper should be saving, and those are the chances we have to convert. This brings me to my next point and how sharp our finishing is. It really is poor at times and I don't mean this based on the Hazard chance on Saturday but overall our attacking prowess lacks a cutting edge and sharpness.

Not too down beat though, still lots to play for.....CARFEREE!!!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking diabolical performance and result.

I don't know if it was partly down to the boys having one eye on PSG but nah, no excuse cuts it. Palace showed much more desire and deserved their win, even if it was a silly goal to give away by JT. We're fortunate it wasn't three or four, although Hazard's miss was inexcusable.

Title gonna be tough now, we're bound to drop points away at someone like Swansea during the run-in while Liverpool and City look very good. Just hope Arsenal don't catch us and we somehow pull the title off. Unlikely though.