Crystal Palace 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Just saw the City result, suddenly this lost hurt even more.

Actually not so, we still need City to fuck up in 2 matches including games with Pool and Everton.

Get our sh*t together, don't allow another repeat, do the best in remaining 6 matches and it's game on.

Even if we go behind Pool tomorrow we still have a game to play with them and also their game with City in which a draw would be a dream result.

Don't f*ck up any more and it's still on.

And before someone starts arguing - I'm not saying that we deserve title this season or have a team to win it.

I'm just saying that 5 (4 in fact, but ending on level points means we lose - so 5) points behind with 6/7/8 games to play respectively is not the end of the title race.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should try watching the sodding matches and see the new style we're building rather than looking at the result and getting your dick hard whenever you see us have a dodgy result. I swear you only ever pipe up when we've had a loss and the gleeful reaction is utterly pathetic.

Yet you still want trophies now....grow up. We had trophies over the last couple of years but were ultimately directionless which was more detrimental to youth development than anything else. Now we actually have a solid core being built and that's when you can start incorporating young players.

The fact that you're using Bamford as an example shows how little you actually understand the current situation. His development has been handled perfectly thus far. He's made the step up asked of him and fingers crossed he'll do it again. Chalobah actually might have a chance next year because we now have Matic in midfield so there's a solid partner for him.

But the simple fact is that you never wanted Jose here and you've put your ego ahead of wanting what's best for this club, and you're so far out of touch with the majority of Chelsea supporters that I know it's not even funny. Your impudent whines of 'trophy now' belong in a creche, not a football club.

Lol about this whole talk about a game plan that is being used to show that he is planning for the long term. Every manager has a game plan and a style of play the he uses for whatever club he is at. Didn't AVB and Scolari claim to have a ong term game plan before everyone was demanding that they be sacked when things went wrong?

And the reason why I highlighted Bamford was becuase he shows exactly why Jose is not planning for the long term. We will probably be buying an expensive striker so he won't be getting any chances for us in the future, and if that striker flops we will buy another striker the next season,and Bamford won't be getting any sniff of a chance. That is what I highlight with the club and the managers operation so far and how it shows no long term planning from the beginning.

And right from the start I have never, ever believed in the crap that Mourinho wants to build some dynasty and has some detailed long term plan from the club. To me he will always be a short term manager and so far in the two transfer windows he has been given with the club he is still acting that way with the transfers he has made. It spells a man trying to get a squad that can win the title at the end of the season. Becuase I believe he will only be here for 3-4 years at a maximun is the reason why I feel he should be winning trophies now. This has been a view I have taken right at the begining of the season. Unlike you I support the club, not just one man and if he can't win trophies for the club now or next season then I see no reason why we should believe that he will be here in the long run.

Mourinho's words on the official website "'You see the matches we lost, except Villa, and you try to find points in common. Stoke City away, Everton away, Newcastle away, Palace away, West Brom away when we lost two points, you try to find points in common and you find.

'Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta perform in the rain, the sun, big pitches, small pitches, aggressive teams, not aggressive teams. They perform every game from day one to today.

'Clearly we have some players who, because of their profile, find it difficult to perform in some matches. They are fantastic in some matches but they disappear in other matches. You can find easily in these matches something in common."

Anybody knows what he is talking about? I guess he is speaking about Luiz, Lampard, Schürrle, Torres (nvm, he's always shit) not beïng consistent enough.

Cussing at Torres like it's his 1st season.. Heh. I don't blame him, I blame the manager who allowed him to play 90 mins and took out Schurrle instead. To some Chelsea fans, Jose gets all the credit when we win, but when we lose it's he players or the ref or whatever.. He's no saint. Why does scoring from a corner or a free kick seems so difficult now? It's like the players aren't training for those at all.

This and the Villa game, both goals came from a cross from what is believed to be Ivanovic's spot, and he wasn't even there! Ivanovic will never be a proper RB again: he's slow, makes the same useless crosses every time, can't close down on a winger and lets Cahill cover up for him!! I love Brana to death but he should only be playing at CB, his frustrating RB performances could be a result of never resting throughout the season, but I still don't think he should be our RB.

And the other Serbian, overrated? Too early to tell.

Everton, Newcastle, West Brom, Villa, and now Palace.. The same issues we had at the begining of the season are obviously still there. We can't break defenses of the teams that sit back and dont allow us any space, and we lack good finishing.

Jose tried to hide those issues with a good defense, it worked at some point but that can't last forever.

THIS. Thank you. Our passing (and sometimes shooting) is incredibly inaccurate in the matches where we have possession.

Mourinho got his tactics wrong? How exactly. He played the same team that smashed Arsenal. The players didnt turn up at all. Every single one of them let us down.

No he didn't. The tactics in the 1st half were much different.

City string passes, like Barcelona U21, but their name is sh***y.

Yet Chelsea resembled one of those neighbourhood teams who go top of the table for the first 6 weeks of the season and then kaboom.
I really want scousers to win the league because the mancunians are low life team.

I don't know the feeling here in relation to those too, but I believe when go to Liverpool we should put up a Moyes performence,

And the reason why I highlighted Bamford was becuase he shows exactly why Jose is not planning for the long term. We will probably be buying an expensive striker so he won't be getting any chances for us in the future, and if that striker flops we will buy another striker the next season,and Bamford won't be getting any sniff of a chance. That is what I highlight with the club and the managers operation so far and how it shows no long term planning from the beginning.

Bamford might actually not be that good. He was a reserve striker and he did well, so he got a chance in League One. He did well there so he got a chance in the Championship. He's done well there so next what? Third striker spot for us where he gets no chances? How about a Premier League loan to find out, ooh I don't know, if he can put the ball in the back of the net at that level??

Now If you'd have said Lukaku then I might've agreed.

And right from the start I have never, ever believed in the crap that Mourinho wants to build some dynasty and has some detailed long term plan from the club. To me he will always be a short term manager and so far in the two transfer windows he has been given with the club he is still acting that way with the transfers he has made.

Yes because Matic, Zouma and Salah are all approaching retirement age aren't they? Should we organise individual testimonials or have a joint one for the three old boys who have played about a dozen games between them for us?

Unlike you I support the club, not just one man

i support Jose because I think he's the best man for this club.

Well if a positive has to be drawn……Arsenal result!!

I'll wait on the Liverpool result before I start looking for bright sides mate....need Spurs to do us a massive favour.

Well if a positive has to be drawn……Arsenal result!!

It could have been worse but I don't really see it as a positive as City have gained a point over us and now are only 2 points behind with 2 games in had over us.

OK, its been three hours since the disaster. Truth is, not much different than if Man City and us had each won today. We would need them to drop 4 points at least, now its 5. They still have to go to Liverpool on the 13th and I think that is 3 points for the Scousers, especially with it being the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster. Liverpool controls their own destiny at this point and they will be sky high that day. "If" Chelsea can take care of business over the next three, and who knows if we do, but if we do and Liverpool beats Man City on the 13th, you would head into the April 27th match at Liverpool like this (given Liverpool and Man City win their other games as well):

Liverpool - 80 points on 35 games played

Chelsea - 78 points on 35 games played

Man City - 76 pts on 34 games played

So, if that is the top of the table on the morning of April 27th, I'll take it at this juncture. A Chelsea win at Anfield would put us back on top of the table, with Man City having four to play: at CP 4-27, at Everton 5-3, Aston Villa 5-7 and West Ham 5-11. I think Man City can lose 2 points out of those 12.

I know today just sucked, and we all are disgusted, but get your mind right and let's win these last 6 matches and see how everyone else does. Bench Torres for the rest of the year and play Lamps sparingly and let's give it all we got.

Come on you Chelsea! :blue scalf:

terrible performance by everyone...only cech was flawless...salah and ba should have started...and salah should be more selfish. he had an opportunity to shoot and most probably score but didnt and pass instead...

ill have to agree with what a fellow mate said above...have a pint and move on. title is not over but its certainly more difficult to win now.

Bamford might actually not be that good. He was a reserve striker and he did well, so he got a chance in League One. He did well there so he got a chance in the Championship. He's done well there so next what? Third striker spot for us where he gets no chances? How about a Premier League loan to find out, ooh I don't know, if he can put the ball in the back of the net at that level??

Now If you'd have said Lukaku then I might've agreed.

Yes because Matic, Zouma and Salah are all approaching retirement age aren't they? Should we organise individual testimonials or have a joint one for the three old boys who have played about a dozen games between them for us?

i support Jose because I think he's the best man for this club.

I'll wait on the Liverpool result before I start looking for bright sides mate....need Spurs to do us a massive favour.

I was trying to be hugely positive, I've had a drink.

I fully expect the memorial group to be top tomorrow.

I missed the game (seems we lose every game I miss) and was watching Mourinho's post match interview... They were talking about some ball boy thing and Azpi, what happened with the ball boy and Azpi?

Nothing really dude.

The ball boy was time wasting so azpi kinda threateningly took a couple of steps towards him. But mou quickly intervened and whispered something in the ball boy's ears and they gave each other thumbs up. Thats it.