What the f*ck

random thought went through my head today, in the 1954-1955 season we won our first league title

the European cup first season was in 1955-1956

so i thought, why the fuck were we not in it?

then i went looking on wikipedia and found this:

"The 1955–56 European Cup was the first season of the European Cup, UEFA's premier club football tournament. The tournament was won by Real Madrid, who beat Stade Reims 4–3 in the final at Parc des Princes, Paris, on 13 June 1956.

The participating clubs in this first edition of the European Cup were selected by the French football magazine L'Equipe on the basis that these were the most representative and prestigious clubs in Europe. Of the originally selected teams, Chelsea (England) was barred from participation by the country's Football Association, who saw the tournament as a distraction to domestic football. Chelsea were replaced by Gwardia Warszawa of Poland"

fucking bunch of twats the FA, we could have been the first winners of the European cup

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a great knowledge of football 60 years ago but do understand Madrid were a mighty outft back then so winning the thing may have been a little out of reach, but to say we were the first English club to compete in the European Cup would have been an incredible honour.

It's a shame but, 11/12 season aside, we have never had much luck with this competition have we.

It's a shame but i'm happy to be able to say that i saw us win our first European Cup. It's like Liverpool with English league titles. They brag about "18 times" but anyone under 30 has never actually fucking seen em win it or are too young to have remembered it.

We've seen our club win everything.

random thought went through my head today, in the 1954-1955 season we won our first league title

the European cup first season was in 1955-1956

so i thought, why the fuck were we not in it?

then i went looking on wikipedia and found this:

"The 1955–56 European Cup was the first season of the European Cup, UEFA's premier club football tournament. The tournament was won by Real Madrid, who beat Stade Reims 4–3 in the final at Parc des Princes, Paris, on 13 June 1956.

The participating clubs in this first edition of the European Cup were selected by the French football magazine L'Equipe on the basis that these were the most representative and prestigious clubs in Europe. Of the originally selected teams, Chelsea (England) was barred from participation by the country's Football Association, who saw the tournament as a distraction to domestic football. Chelsea were replaced by Gwardia Warszawa of Poland"

fucking bunch of twats the FA, we could have been the first winners of the European cup

we MIGHT have won the World Cup if we had played in it before the War ,, World war 2 I mean

It's a shame but i'm happy to be able to say that i saw us win our first European Cup. It's like Liverpool with English league titles. They brag about "18 times" but anyone under 30 has never actually fucking seen em win it or are too young to have remembered it.

We've seen our club win everything.

WELL I have ,,,and I also remember the scum in Division 2