Newcastle United Vs Chelsea

Another great performance, its great to see. Few weeks back we were playing under par and conceding stupid goal and quite frankly not looking like doing anything. the last 3-5 weeks we have been outstanding. Whatever happens, i'm so proud of what they have done recently. Talk about togetherness, awesome to see. The first half today was slow but we do that a lot away from home to feel the opposition out like boxers do in the first 4 rounds or so. In the 2nd half, it was all us and Essien was absolutely magnificent. In april/may, Essien has been our best player by an absolute landslide. Colosus!

We we're all a bit flat not too long ago, but this is one of the best situations in our whole history and i'm lovin it. I'm sure next year will be even better with a few things sorted out. Everything is looking good for us.

Bring on sunday!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we played very well today, first half we didnt seem to want to commit to going forward, anelka clearly cant play on the wing and isnt happy about it, second half with him and drogba up top we played so much better, good ball in and header for the first goal, and great counter attacking football for the second, was half expecting malouda to put it out for a throw or something (really am not a fan of him) but his goal should give him a bit of confidence now!

bring on bolton thats what i say, just hope they dont stick 11 men behind the ball

and come on wigan, they are on a good run, drawing with us, and beating villa.

manure havent won away since march, draw with boro and blackburn and lost at the bridge!

oh and a nice crunching challenge from koumas or pailious on the one trick pony would go down nicely, rule him out of the CLF

come on avram grants blue and white armyyyyyyyy!

it was all us and Essien was absolutely magnificent. In april/may, Essien has been our best player by an absolute landslide. Colosus!

Fucking animal i have never seen a player who can play right back like cafu, then midfield like a fucking steam train. I am sure he is on drugs its great to know we can sub a right back put essien there then play another midfielder.

Just finished watching the match through the magic of the internet. Albeit almost twelve hours late, but better late than never. First off let me say the atmosphere at St. James’ Park seemed to be brilliant. Of course the absolute hatred for Chelsea made it that much better, but as usual the Newcastle fans were awesome. Three points is what we need and three points is what we left with. Along with the points, we're all set for a hell of a way to go into the final weekend of what has been a brilliant season. Here are my thoughts half by half, and I did write the following as I watched the match. So if it bounces around from one point to another, you know why

Absolutely fantastic win! The second goal definitely made the victory all the more sweeter!

Balack seems to have hit a purple patch. Hope he carries on like this through Super Sunday and Moscow.

Although I'm sure we'll walk over Bolton at SB, its really frustrating to leave matters in Manure's hands. Steve Bruce is already in Fergi's pocket and I'm sure he'll buy off the ref and officials as well. Can't forget the way Everton let them win last year :angry: . Nevertheless, I hope Wigan plays for pride.

Go Blues!

I knew it! :We won! Happiest day of my life, when we beat them. Yesterday had that kind of atmosphere for a good football game.

Happiest day of your life ? So beating Liverpool just a week ago, Arsenal, ManU, Arsenal with Bridge scoring the winning goal, or just those days when we won the premier league trophies ?

Sorry I'm just mocking, but it's hard to believe that it's the best day of your life (of course, if you didn't start following Chelsea just before the game :rolleyes:

Edited by manpe