The Rugby Union thread

Laoch20

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After going 19-16 i thought we'd messed it up. What a flurry in those last 20 minutes. Aussies well and truly smashed in their own back yard. Will go down in history. Wales actually have a chance at winning a world cup soon, they've got some real talent there and will be a force in the next tournament.

As with the Olympics, sport has shown just how Great Britain can unite. Wonderful performance.

After going 19-16 i thought we'd messed it up. What a flurry in those last 20 minutes. Aussies well and truly smashed in their own back yard. Will go down in history. Wales actually have a chance at winning a world cup soon, they've got some real talent there and will be a force in the next tournament.

As with the Olympics, sport has shown just how Great Britain can unite. Wonderful performance.

Yeah so did I, I mean we knew the Aussies would come out fired up for the second half, I guess they tired themselves out getting back into it, Gatland made all the right calls and left an awful lot of us Irish with eggs on our faces, I like Wales' chances myself but can never rule out the All Blacks and the 'Boks winning it again, oh and do you think Gatland might get a Knighthood out of this Lions win?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

He'd get a knighthood if he coached a couple more and won more, 1 win probably isn't quite enough despite the score being so emphatic.. The real test is in 4 years against New Zealand which would be beyond amazing to beat those lot in their back yard. Tonked us last time.

To be honest if we only won one test over there I'd be happy, we could send Halfpenny by himself and he can kick over points from ridiculous angles and distances

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
the new Scrum engagement though.

I know this post was posted ages ago, but its the first I have seen off this thread.

The new engagement is obviously there to improve safety, which I suppose you can't deny it of. BUT this comes at a price. The last thing we want is scrums to become like a rugby league scrum (I am a big follower of RL but the scrums, are a waste of time!).

There is nothing better than 2 props smashing each other and I just hope no more alterations will take place.

The one thing I do like about scrums these days however is the Ref Cams! I don't know if you have seen this but its perfect for the scrum area!

Yeah I noticed the ref cams, first came to my attention in the Amlin challenge cup, can't imagine they are to comfortable for the refs to be running around the pitch looks like a bulky piece of apparatus.

On a different note 6 nations start soon can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...
France pipped England with a last gasp try in a stunning game in Paris

I thought ENG bounced back really well after conceded after only 32 seconds, but with letting the game get out of their grasp shows there are still a working progress, fielding debutants proved this. Next weekend will be a cracking game between Ireland and Wales, could even decide the championship.

I thought ENG bounced back really well after conceded after only 32 seconds, but with letting the game get out of their grasp shows there are still a working progress, fielding debutants proved this. Next weekend will be a cracking game between Ireland and Wales, could even decide the championship.

Yeah, England did very well after going behind. I like Mike Brown, Top fullback, but Twelvetree's was poor for me. Aimless kicking gifting possesion back to France on a few occasions and just didn't make an impact.

Long way to go yet, France and England will still have a big say, Fancy Wales next week though, pains me to say it.

If we start as poorly as we did against Scotland, then it's gonna be a paddling. With the strong pack they have, George North and Leigh Halfpenny ready to kick penalties from anywhere past the 50 we could be in for a long day.

• 2 weeks later...

Ireland shocked Wales 24-6, France beat Italy 30-10 and England beat Scotland 20-0.

This weekend is Wales v France at 8 on Friday Night, then Ireland v England and Italy v Scotland.

Going to pick Wales, England and Italy. Think Ireland are playing really well at the minute but I think we'll come undone in Twickenham. Hope i'm wrong.

• 11 months later...

Is anybody watching The opener Tonight between Wales and England in The Six Nations.

Official Website For The Six Nations : Match Centre for The Game Tonight : http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/matchcentre/27402.php

You're thoughts on who's gonna win and are you interested or really pay attention to The Six Nations anymore.

You're thoughts also on The Rugby World Cup 2015 in England and Wales and Who do you think is gonna win it and are you really looking forward to it.

LINK to The RWC 2015 Fixtures List. : http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/fixtures

• 2 months later...

Random bump, but this sport is just so hopeless in Asia that right now the West Asian Rugby Championship is being hosted in Lebanon and it only includes Lebanon, Jordan and Iran. Right now, Lebanon is beating Jordan something like 46 to 3! :lol:

• 5 months later...

The Official Song of The World Cup of Rugby 2015 : Sol3 Mio - I See Fire

Sol3 Mio - I See Fire

Sol3 Mio - New Zealand Opera Band

here is a video by an England Rugby Union Fans for Taking The Piss on The New Zealand All Blacks Haka.

These people would be killed if they stepped foot in New Zealand. the NZ Maori and Polynesians would not tolerate disrespect by these guys.

Do The #Hakarena - Jacamo

Uploaded and Published on YouTube on 15 September 2015.

The First Match of RWC 2015 in England and Wales Starts on Friday Night on 19 September 2015 - England Local Time at 8:00 pm.

The 1st Match of 48 Matches Begins with The Hosts England vs Fiji.

First Match of RWC 2015.

England vs Fiji

Pool A

at : Twickenham, London

8:00 pm - England Time

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/match/14184