The Ranieri Days

nono

I like Claudio,

He sailed our club through some very choppy waters with dignity. Overall, I rate him a success. Jimmy Floyd and Eidur flourished under him, Zola ran free, bought Frank and debuted JT. Aye, I like Claudio.

His last season with us, and Roman's first, was just too much, too soon. Admittedly he chose the majority of the players that were signed, but. fuck me, what a cheque book summer. With all the dosh and the top players came hyper pressure, not too mention the shite press never off his case. A couple of horror results put the focus firmly on him, think Charlton away, think Victimpool away. Monaco away was when it all came crashing round his ears. Monaco down to 10 men, he panicked and fucked it, royally fucked it. By then though he was under, what must have been incredible strain, thoughts of Jose, not just anyone, the Special One.

Best moment under Claudio, Arsenal away in Champs League? Lamps then Bridges' one two with Eider, oh fucking heaven.

Naturally I hope we horse Leicester on Monday, either way, I hope the Chelsea fans give him a song and a cheer, I know they will.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The third season when we finished 4th was his best work, no new players (De Lucas doesn't really count) and with The pressure of our future on top 4 was brilliant work.

The second season (first full season) was so frustrating, felt like as a team we were going backwards and Jimmy, Eidur and Cudicini basically carried us to 6th place.

Don't forget he signed Robben and Cech, too.

Didn't get the credit he deserved but you have to say he underachieved with the squad at his disposal in 2003/04. We should have won the UCL without a doubt. Fernando Morientes will always haunt my dreams.

when he was sacked I was on a different Chelsea forum over 95% wanted him to stay ,, in his last year we made CL semi ,, and 2nd in pl ..

THen consider his signings ,, Not even talking about his personality ,, Kenyon has a lot to answer for .