Chelsea Supporter's Trust

Chelsea fans have successfully organized a Chelsea Supporter's Trust & been in contact w/ The Chelsea Board. If you want more info about the Trust, the events that the Trust are participating in, please goto the Official Website. BTW, I live over 5,000 miles away from the club, but I am a member of the Trust. The more fans that are involved in the Trust, the Stronger the Trust will be. The Club has recognized this & is focused on having a positive dialogue w/ the Supporter's Trust.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chelsea FC Supporters Trust aims to :-

• Encourage the board of Chelsea Football Club to take into account the interests of all supporters (both UK and Overseas based) and of the local community (businesses, residents, local authorities etc) when making decisions that impact upon them;
  • To actively and professionally engage with all relevant stakeholders on matters of interest and concern to Chelsea supporters;
  • Act as an effective means of communication between club and supporters;
  • Build on the work done by the Fans Forum in enabling issues of concern with supporters to be raised with the club;
  • Work with Supporters Direct and other Supporters Trusts on pan-club issues like ticket prices, kick-off times;
  • Work in partnership with existing supporters groups, websites, fanzine, podcasts etc without detracting from their independence.

Ok - taking those points in order:

1) This is impossible - the scope is too wide, the 'interested parties' will all have differing requirements and it will be impossible to gain traction. Again, this looks like a blanket approach - where are the specifics? As for decisions that impact on them - that's arbitrary - could be argued on the most tenuous of reasons.

2) How... actively and professionally? Sounds like buzzword bingo... Stakeholders - which, for what specific reason? Again - just seems way too broad...

3) Really? A collective group better at communicating than trained professionals? Again, don't see it. Is every member going to sign an NDA? (Non Disclosure Agreement)... No... So maybe one or two out of this trust will get information first, before spreading to the rest of the community - that's no longer a trust and 'equal' situation is it - and will probably cause more long term harmony issues...

4) Issues of concern... could it be more vague... ?

5) Ticket prices = fair enough - go get em :D - Kick Off times - er... Chelsea don't really control that, the EPL and TV channels pretty much control kick-off times and the FA if Cup Matches, UEFA for European Games?

6) Fine... but surely making them register will eventually lead to people gravitating towards this trust - so it will have an 'impact' on fans sites, like TC...

I'm all up for these types of things and please don't take it the wrong way - but it really annoys me when people use vague terminology. This also feels like a massive knee-jerk reaction since RdM was sacked... and if Mourinho comes back - this thing will be dead in 2 years....

The Chelsea FC Supporters Trust aims to :-

• Encourage the board of Chelsea Football Club to take into account the interests of all supporters (both UK and Overseas based) and of the local community (businesses, residents, local authorities etc) when making decisions that impact upon them;
  • To actively and professionally engage with all relevant stakeholders on matters of interest and concern to Chelsea supporters;
  • Act as an effective means of communication between club and supporters;
  • Build on the work done by the Fans Forum in enabling issues of concern with supporters to be raised with the club;
  • Work with Supporters Direct and other Supporters Trusts on pan-club issues like ticket prices, kick-off times;
  • Work in partnership with existing supporters groups, websites, fanzine, podcasts etc without detracting from their independence.

Ok - taking those points in order:

1) This is impossible - the scope is too wide, the 'interested parties' will all have differing requirements and it will be impossible to gain traction. Again, this looks like a blanket approach - where are the specifics? As for decisions that impact on them - that's arbitrary - could be argued on the most tenuous of reasons.

2) How... actively and professionally? Sounds like buzzword bingo... Stakeholders - which, for what specific reason? Again - just seems way too broad...

3) Really? A collective group better at communicating than trained professionals? Again, don't see it. Is every member going to sign an NDA? (Non Disclosure Agreement)... No... So maybe one or two out of this trust will get information first, before spreading to the rest of the community - that's no longer a trust and 'equal' situation is it - and will probably cause more long term harmony issues...

4) Issues of concern... could it be more vague... ?

5) Ticket prices = fair enough - go get em :D - Kick Off times - er... Chelsea don't really control that, the EPL and TV channels pretty much control kick-off times and the FA if Cup Matches, UEFA for European Games?

6) Fine... but surely making them register will eventually lead to people gravitating towards this trust - so it will have an 'impact' on fans sites, like TC...

I'm all up for these types of things and please don't take it the wrong way - but it really annoys me when people use vague terminology. This also feels like a massive knee-jerk reaction since RdM was sacked... and if Mourinho comes back - this thing will be dead in 2 years....

Actually Bro the Supporter's Trust movement was already in place before RDM was sacked. In fact all of the Big Clubs (L'pool, ManU, Arsenal, Spurs, etc..) have Supporter's Trust in place. So no it's not a knee jerk reaction because RDM was sacked. In fact when I visited CFC back in Sept, I attended a meeting for a CFC Supporter's Trust. At that time, CFC were unbeaten in Both Domestic League Comps & in Europe. Top of the table in the EPL & in the UCL. No, it's the fans wanting to become unified in speaking w/ the club so their voices can be heard. Nothing to do w/ RDM's sacking. Please review the objectives of the Trust & the Goals that it has set forth. There is LEGAL representation w/ the Trust. If you don't want to join, that is your prerogative, but don't try to belittle what is actually happening w/ this movement. I am happy to say that the Club doesn't hold your point of view & has opened it's arms in dealing w/ the Supporter's Trust.

Actually Bro the Supporter's Trust movement was already in place before RDM was sacked. In fact all of the Big Clubs (L'pool, ManU, Arsenal, Spurs, etc..) have Supporter's Trust in place. So no it's not a knee jerk reaction because RDM was sacked. In fact when I visited CFC back in Sept, I attended a meeting for a CFC Supporter's Trust. At that time, CFC were unbeaten in Both Domestic League Comps & in Europe. Top of the table in the EPL & in the UCL. No, it's the fans wanting to become unified in speaking w/ the club so their voices can be heard. Nothing to do w/ RDM's sacking. Please review the objectives of the Trust & the Goals that it has set forth. There is LEGAL representation w/ the Trust. If you don't want to join, that is your prerogative, but don't try to belittle what is actually happening w/ this movement. I am happy to say that the Club doesn't hold your point of view & has opened it's arms in dealing w/ the Supporter's Trust.

Ok... The Trust existed - but had little traction? - Correct - people were always concerned about our hire/fire policy, as well as potentially leaving the 'Bridge'... RdM was the catalyst to start this - I truly believe that.

As for belittle - objective criticism? I'm only pointing out what I see as a flawed approach.

Sure - the club isn't going to turn round and say 'No' is it - of course they will acknowledge the existence.

But like I, and others, keep saying what's it going to achieve?

Did the Man U trust stop the Glazers taking over - putting Utd in massive debt? - No...

Did the Spurs trust stop Modric being sold? - No

Did the Lpool trust stop Loserpool sliding into mid-table obscurity? - No

As for the Arsenal trust - lol - did they actually stop anything happening? - No....

That's kinda my point - its ok having a structured, legal entity to represent the fans - but what's it going to achieve? Ticket prices is perhaps the best it can hope for....

maybe keeping the ticket prices reasonable. maybe keeping the Blues at the Bridge. still the Trust wasn't created because RDM was fired. So you don't have faith in a Trust doesn't mean it's bad. It's just your opinion. You don't have to participate, but I see a very democratic process with our fans. There are many positive roles that a Trust can achieve for a club. Ask a Portsmouth or a GER fan. I am sure they will tell you a different story.