£70m transfermarkt game

lucio

I don't see any harm in keeping him. He isn't taking any space up in the squad, and he would be a decent third-choice keeper to have in the side should Courtois come back.

yes. as 3rd choice, he'll hardly ever be on the pitch. that way the club can hide 1 HG player among the GK's

Turnbull's contract finishes this season I think.

yes. i hope his contract is extended

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes. i hope his contract is extended

I hope we get a more competent second choice goalkeeper. Someone like Asmir Begovic who has been linked with us before, if interested, would be an excellent second choice goalkeeper as he's homegrown as well.

I hope we get a more competent second choice goalkeeper. Someone like Asmir Begovic who has been linked with us before, if interested, would be an excellent second choice goalkeeper as he's homegrown as well.

Yes with Turnbull as 3rd choice. we can hide 2 HG players as backup GK's then

I'd rather promote Blackman.

We'll have something like Cech/Begovic/Blackman. Really no need to give Ross a new contract IMO.

Firstly Begovic is unrealistic. He was in fantastic form, atleast at the start of the season and he won't throw away a promising career by sitting on the bench here. Cech and Courtois are already here, so there's no way any quality GK will come, especially not home-grown. We will be signing another Turnbull if it's home-grown.

If we are signing a backup GK, we have to look at the unpopular leagues like Scandinavian or Eastern European.

Arsenal - Szczesny (backup when he was bought), Fabianski

ManC - Pantilimon

ManU - Lindergaard (Kuszack before him)

these are striking examples of good backup keepers coming from unpopular leagues and doing quite well in England(except Fabianski)

edit: as far as HG backups go, Butland was our best bet and he rejected Chelsea's offer.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You