A Case Against Signing Radamel Falcao

CHOULO19

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the article does make a lot of sense... my main reason for not wanting falcao is LUKAKU. the guy has got what it takes to be world class (infact he already might be there). people keep saying lukaku is only 19 and has got a lot of time, but dint the same thing happen with josh. we kept saying he has time and now people are worried that he is 20 and still not good enough for the team. for me the solution is simple - lukaku + ba for the next season. and the beauty of this move would be that even if lukaku is not able to perform at the chelsea standards, we can loan him for 6 months or a season, but for me lukaku at the bridge for 2013-14 season is a definite must.

as for falcao, another reason of not wanting him is WE WILL LOSE THIBAUT IF WE BUY FALCAO. i cant see athletico madrid selling falcao but not getting courtouis in return. so a falcao deal is NO-NO for me. but knowing our board and history with strikers, u just know that we ll end up buying falcao for 40m + thibaut. :(

WHAT????

Do you want us to spend 45mi for another scum?

If we were to buy another striker (which I believe we have), it is Cavani for around 30mi or Dzeko for around 20mi...

Cavani going to cost more than that... Especially, since both Man City and Real Madrid are bidding for him as well.

So? What's wrong with playing a 20 year old?

Playing a 20 year old is fine. Starting as your main forward in the 4-3-2-1 is not.

If there is any reason to buy top striker it should be Lewandowski. Cheaper for the quality cant go. If Roman gets crazy again and wants best striker in world (for whatever reason) it should be Cavani not Falcao. If club decides to be reasonable, they should buy older, experienced, quality and cheaper striker. No idea who that might be. Villa at first, but he wil pen new contract with Barca.

If there is any reason to buy top striker it should be Lewandowski. Cheaper for the quality cant go. If Roman gets crazy again and wants best striker in world (for whatever reason) it should be Cavani not Falcao. If club decides to be reasonable, they should buy older, experienced, quality and cheaper striker. No idea who that might be. Villa at first, but he wil pen new contract with Barca.

Why would Villa come and play as a forward in the Chelsea system?

Too much pressure.. Also, as I said before, what team in UCL has a 20 year old starting as their main forward?

Carlos Alberto was exactly 20 when he scored the first goal in the '04 Final for Porto.

AC Milan has Mbaye, El Shaarawy, Balotelli

Dortmund have young fowards

If he can't cut it at 20 he probably is never going to cut. How can he adapt to pressure when he is never played in the CL? He isn't some child that needs protecting because of 'pressure', my University doesn't protect me when I'm under pressure, they expect me to get the job done.

Carlos Alberto was exactly 20 when he scored the first goal in the '04 Final for Porto.

AC Milan has Mbaye, El Shaarawy, Balotelli

Dortmund have young fowards

If he can't cut it at 20 he probably is never going to cut. How can he adapt to pressure when he is never played in the CL? He isn't some child that needs protecting because of 'pressure', my University doesn't protect me when I'm under pressure, they expect me to get the job done.

And they play in the Chelsea formation?

Lukaku is also different type of striker. As for Villa goes, he would be alternative to Ba and Lukaku.

There is one thing I fear about Lukaku. Being striker at top club is hard. Being main striker at Chelsea is even harder. We will need the best coach to help Lukaku in that role and ease the pressure or it could be very difficult for him, mentaly wise.

Say whatever, but we need Mou or Klopp type of coach to motivate Lukaku in best possible way.

What does that have to do with anything? You asked who used young fowards in the Champions League and I replied, Milan, Porto (04) and Dortmund. Before you mentioned the 4-2-3-1, why can't young players play in that, is cursed or something? And yes Dortmund do play the 4-2-3-1 formation.

What does that have to do with anything? You asked who used young fowards in the Champions League and I replied, Milan, Porto (04) and Dortmund. Before you mentioned the 4-2-3-1, why can't young players play in that, is cursed or something? And yes Dortmund do play the 4-2-3-1 formation.

And what forward did BVB that is 20 years old?

Also Alberto is not a center forward nor is SEL, Mbaye

And what forward did BVB that is 20 years old?

I didn't say they were 20 at BVB just young. Reread.

And you are avoiding my questions.

What makes the 4-2-3-1 so special that a 20 year old is incapable of playing in it?

I didn't say they were 20 at BVB just young. Reread.

And you are avoiding my questions.

What makes the 4-2-3-1 so special that a 20 year old is incapable of playing in it?

I also said main striker as in the main center forward of the team. Go Reread it. Not wings, not SS.

As mentioned by an earlier poster, being the center forward for a team is difficult, but to be the main CF for Chelsea is a whole different beast. Drogba was perfect for the Chelsea system and even till this day, they still play as if Drogba is their CF. Lukaku, is not that type of forward.....yet. I don't know if he will be, but I'm pretty sure Lukaku even said he playing style is nothing close to Drogba.

I also said main striker as in the main center forward of the team. Go Reread it. Not wings, not SS.

As mentioned by an earlier poster, being the center forward for a team is difficult, but to be the main CF for Chelsea is a whole different beast. Drogba was perfect for the Chelsea system and even till this day, they still play as if Drogba is their CF.

Lukaku, is not that type of forward.....yet. I don't know if he will be, but I'm pretty sure Lukaku even said he playing style is nothing close to Drogba.

As mentioned by an earlier poster, being the center forward for a team is difficult, but to be the main CF for Chelsea is a whole different beast. Drogba was perfect for the Chelsea system and even till this day, they still play as if Drogba is their CF. Lukaku, is not that type of forward.....yet. I don't know if he will be, but I'm pretty sure Lukaku even said he playing style is nothing close to Drogba.

When did I metion wings? Please quote me on this.

Isn't the system slightly different now to when Drogba was here? Wasn't one of the reasons he left was to facilitate a change of system?