Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Even on the BBC page it says about how a year or so ago he'd had a go for himself instead of passing.Which is true.He's learnt and matured really
Had we kept him he'd ended up spending his life on the bench.Move was best for him and we're no better off for it really.Annoying but thats how it goes.Could've gone the opposite way and he'd been crap for them but nope..hey ho what can we do..sod all...

I think he also holds the ball up better now he's at Liverpool, uses his body better with his back to goal. At Chelsea he sometimes shied away from physical battles. He always just needed chances, managerial backing, potential was obvious but some fans weren't willing to give him time, while Torres and his price tag prevented him getting a real chance. Oh well..

Selfish Sturridge scoring one and getting two assists today.

Oh come on, you and I both know he didn't play like that at Chelsea. Maybe he really has matured and become more of a team player in less than a year but more likely it's because there isn't any competition for his place at Liverpool like there was at Chelsea. He can now play shit for one game and it won't hurt his chances of starting the next one but at Chelsea he might not have even made the bench if he didn't perform and because of that he probably felt he needed to produce something spectacular all the time and ended up being a selfish cunt, which ironically was the reason he got frozen out of the first team. Sure, the club could have given him a proper chance as the number one striker and even play him when he's shit but that's hardly what a club willing to challenge for multiple trophies should be willing to descend to and who's to say it would have worked out anyway? Maybe Danny would still have been utter shit and the club would have missed out on top4 and therefore Mourinho. I suppose you'd have been fine with that, as long as Daniel Sturridge was given his chance?

Just fucking move on, people.

Sometimes things don't work out at certain clubs. Look at Damien Duff, brilliant for Chelsea and Blackburn, shit for Newcastle then he signed for Fulham and all off a sudden his Chelsea/Blackburn form re-emerged.

Should he have got played ahead of Torres last season? yes, would he have done better? almost certainly. Is he good enough for a team challenging for the title? im not so sure.

If we want to kick ourself's about one forward, it should be Giroud, he turned us down for Arsenal because they had Wenger and we had Robbie, he would have been perfect for our system.

Sometimes things don't work out at certain clubs. Look at Damien Duff, brilliant for Chelsea and Blackburn, shit for Newcastle then he signed for Fulham and all off a sudden his Chelsea/Blackburn form re-emerged.

Should he have got played ahead of Torres last season? yes, would he have done better? almost certainly. Is he good enough for a team challenging for the title? im not so sure.

If we want to kick ourself's about one forward, it should be Giroud, he turned us down for Arsenal because they had Wenger and we had Robbie, he would have been perfect for our system.

Geroud better than Sturridge, you're having a laugh :D Based on Arsenals purple patch you might want to say we should have signed Ramsey too, Geroud is no where near proven in the EPL. Benteke Lukaku and Sturridge are both better and far more proven EPL players.

Tell me how many goals Geroud has against us; City; United; Liverpool and Spuds? Lukaku; Benteke and Sturridge have actually performed in such matches and produced motm performances. Geroud seriously what a load of crap

Geroud better than Sturridge, you're having a laugh :D Based on Arsenals purple patch you might want to say we should have signed Ramsey too, Geroud is no where near proven in the EPL. Benteke Lukaku and Sturridge are both better and far more proven EPL players.

Tell me how many goals Geroud has against us; City; United; Liverpool and Spuds? Lukaku; Benteke and Sturridge have actually performed in such matches and produced motm performances. Geroud seriously what a load of crap

He's always been a very good player even before he started scoring, next time you see Arsenal watch him closely, his movement has defenders tripping over themself's.

Funny you mention Ramsey, him in our pivot would be quite handy right now. And its Everton that should be on your list, they are the top 6 team, not Liverpool :D

He's always been a very good player even before he started scoring, next time you see Arsenal watch him closely, his movement has defenders tripping over themself's.

Funny you mention Ramsey, him in our pivot would be quite handy right now. And its Everton that should be on your list, they are the top 6 team, not Liverpool :D

He might be very good doesn't make him better than the players I mentioned.

Scoring is his main job, having Torres around made a lot of people forget what a striker's actual job is and all the players I mentioned are far more consistent over the course of the last 14 months than Geroud. Despite all of them being younger and still developing

Benteke 38 appearances 23 goals

Lukaku 36 appearces 18 goals

Sturridge 20 appearances 15 goals

Geroud 40 appearances 15 goals

He might be very good doesn't make him better than the players I mentioned.

Scoring is his main job, having Torres around made a lot of people forget what a striker's actual job is and all the players I mentioned are far more consistent over the course of the last 14 months than Geroud. Despite all of them being younger and still developing

Benteke 38 appearances 23 goals

Lukaku 36 appearces 18 goals

Sturridge 20 appearances 15 goals

Geroud 40 appearances 15 goals

To an extent you are right, but sometimes there is exceptions. Drogba (im not saying Giroud will be anywhere near as good as him btw) had a similar goal ratio in his opening two season's at Chelsea, but would you have swapped him for Van Nisseroy?

To an extent you are right, but sometimes there is exceptions. Drogba (im not saying Giroud will be anywhere near as good as him btw) had a similar goal ratio in his opening two season's at Chelsea, but would you have swapped him for Van Nisseroy?

Drogba also had huge performances in his first two seasons here(just recall his match against Liverpool where he literally tore them apart) and that won him the place up top ahead of Crespo. I'm pretty sure if we had RVN here Drogba would have out performed him in our system too. RVN still remains one of the best strikers in the EPL but probably would not have been as successful here as he was in United.

you can't even get his name correct :fainthv9:nor count both is two not three

you can't even get his name correct :fainthv9:nor count both is two not three

I've not got an idea what you're saying - not sure why you are trying to correct me when you obviously have about difficulty as me when posting :D