The "Poznan" or the "Grecque"

http://modern-football.co.uk/2011/05/20/the-%E2%80%9Cpoznan%E2%80%9D-and-the-death-of-the-goal-celebration/

I mean, it really doesn't make sense to me. Why would you turn your back to the pitch when a goal is scored? Turning your back on your team that is celebrating and probably looking to the fans who are celebrating with them. Instead, you have a sea of people with their backs turned to the pitch, jumping around like morons. I mean, sorry if I am offending anyone by saying this, but what a joke.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://modern-footba...al-celebration/

I mean, it really doesn't make sense to me. Why would you turn your back to the pitch when a goal is scored? Turning your back on your team that is celebrating and probably looking to the fans who are celebrating with them. Instead, you have a sea of people with their backs turned to the pitch, jumping around like morons. I mean, sorry if I am offending anyone by saying this, but what a joke.

I don't understand it either & as for Man City taking it after shouting what the fucking hell is that is pathetic & hypocrital.

Its' weird.

But for me it seems like a insult.

The only time you will turn your back is when your team is shit and you see your fans leaving the stadium, or the opponent sucks ass that is not worth watching!

Either way it's weird. And those fans are stupid to do it without even knowing the true meaning!

Such things usually have some sort of reason in its root. By the looks of it its original meaning was to send some kind of message, a demonstration. Does anybody know what was its root cause? Of course, it looks moronic when copied and done for no reason.