Olympiakos' Cesar Hopes For Greek Delight At Chelsea

Olympiakos' Cesar hopes for Greek delight at Chelsea

</I>OLYMPIAKOS defender Julio Cesar says the Greeks are confident ahead of today's game at Stamford Bridge and believe they can dump Chelsea out of the Champions League

It finished 0-0 between the two sides in Piraeus a fortnight ago and Olympiakos know that an away goal at the Bridge would spell trouble for the Blues.

Chelsea are overwhelming favourites, but despite their 4-0 win over West Ham at the weekend Julio Cesar still thinks this is a good time to face Avram Grant's men.

"We are coming to London feeling confident and wanting to cause a surprise," said the Brazilian stopper. "The 0-0 result for us in Athens wasn't good but it also was not that bad, as Chelsea know if they had scored it would have been a big boost for them.

"Their performance wasn't as dominating as in previous years," added Cesar of the Blues. "Chelsea are a good team but I didn't see much to impress me. We played well and deserved at least a goal. This has given us belief for the second leg. I don't know if Chelsea's morale has been affected by the defeat against Tottenham," he continued. "But we will take them on as if it was a final.

"Olympiakos are not content to have come this far in the Champions League," the Brazilian stressed. "We want more. We know there will be a lot of work for our defenders to do, as Nicolas Anelka and Didier Drogba are top strikers. We cannot make any mistakes. But we are ready."

Meanwhile, Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho is wary of the Olympiakos threat, and is ready for the 'big job' today'sclash.

"When the draw was done, a lot of people assumed that we would just find it easy to get through," Carvalho told the Daily Star.

"We did not think that and realise we have a big job to do. The defeat against Spurs has untied the players and we know that we still have three major competitions to fight for. Olympiakos have players who can cause us problems, especially with the tie at 0-0. They know they only have to score once to cause us real problems. The Champions League is one of our really big challenges this season and we know we need to get through."

<H3 class=tools> </H3>

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/sports/achv...p;fdname=sports

Edited by buzybone

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Twat Tarosomalata ?
As i mentioned earlier i arrived in Fulham quite early yesterday and this Greek outside Earls Court Exibition Centre was giving throat slitting gestures in my direction.He soon legged it when i started making my way towards him.

Wanker!!!!.

As i mentioned earlier i arrived in Fulham quite early yesterday and this Greek outside Earls Court Exibition Centre was giving throat slitting gestures in my direction.He soon legged it when i started making my way towards him.

Wanker!!!!.

Lol what is it with the throat cutting gesture? Makes me laugh everytime.

Lol what is it with the throat cutting gesture? Makes me laugh everytime.
I recall Galatasaray fans doing it to us on our first Champions League excursion in 99

The Bubble's and Pauline Quirk's (Turks) are a right bunch of cunts.

I recall Galatasaray fans doing it to us on our first Champions League excursion in 99

The Bubble's and Pauline Quirk's (Turks) are a right bunch of cunts.

First time it was done to me was by a West Brom fan and I shit myself, but I was 14.

All in all though I thought the greeks had excellent support, especially at their place. Imagine letting a flare of in the MH, it would be life ban and three months inside.

Still we showed them, that stony West Stand silence put them in their place.

First time it was done to me was by a West Brom fan and I shit myself, but I was 14.

All in all though I thought the greeks had excellent support, especially at their place. Imagine letting a flare of in the MH, it would be life ban and three months inside.

Still we showed them, that stony West Stand silence put them in their place.

You're right about the Greeks last night,absoloutely deafning atmosphere.

The West Stand were in top form.....as usual :rolleyes:

You're right about the Greeks last night,absoloutely deafning atmosphere.

The West Stand were in top form.....as usual :rolleyes:

Yeh they outsung us and was thinking wow their 3-0 down and still singing..then again could be slightly angry singing

Yep you offered us Greek delight.Just not for the fans you were hoping to delight