David Luiz

the wes

Look it seems he doesnt want to be here, rather get rid then than keep him. We need a united front, a unit ready to pull the same way, he aint cool with that it seems. Yeah it MIGHT give them something they miss but he aint exactly a superb defender no more. Brazillian players man, trouble makers when you dont need it the most. Fuck it let him go, it is what it is.

25 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

What on earth are we doing?! Know he has his crazy moments but why we selling to Arsenal. Not like we can replace him. 

Lamps probably isn't eager to keep an unhappy player and would rather invest more energy into Tomori, who definitely isn't going on loan now if this happens. On one side it's lol that arsenal are looking at Luiz to strengthen their defence, but the sad part is that he actually would, he is better than anything they've got. I was pissed when I first read about this, but thinking about it we will have plenty of options - Rüdiger, Zouma, AC, Tomori, Reece. All have sick potential, everybody will need to compete and no-one will feel entitled to an automatic starting place (bar maybe Rüdiger, but he will have to fight for it like everybody else after the injury).

Luiz is past it and a defensive liability. His passing is not a necessity, most teams don't have anybody nearly as good as him in that regard, this can be worked around with different approaches. Personally I would like to see now Rüdiger Christensen partnership, who complement each other quite well, have nose for defending and are comfortable on the ball. Zouma is crude on the ball and Tomori inexperienced, I don't think as a whole package they are better than those two. I'm really hoping to see AC now grab this chance and take that leap forward in his career, would justifiably reward his patience.

The epitome of the hot and cold footballer sublime one minute reckless the next. I've no problem seeing players celebrate against they're old clubs especially if the opposition are giving them stick. But it does stick in my craw the way he celebrated against us when he scored for PSG. I don't particularly think he'll be a massive success at Arsenal so if he wants to go let him.

Lamps telling Luiz he is not first choice being the reason for DL leaving is plausible. After his shitshow in pre-season, you can understand Lamps's decision. Also the kind of ruthlessness we need. DL not being content with being 3rd choice is something we should respect. but not that he is pushing this hard this late for a move. He could have decided to stay and fight for his place. Also smart not to loan out Tomori yet. We will need him now. Lets hope this situation does not come back to bite us. I do not fear DL at Arsenal. Their defence has always beens suspect and replacing Koscielny with Luiz is a hell of a downgrade. The only thing we will miss as a tactical weapon is obviously Luiz's ability to play long range passes. Lets hope our other CBs get comfortable doing that. If not I have seen how Barkley and Mount drop deep at times, like Lamps himself did to open up the play with long diagonals. I am not sure this is better than doing so with a player less in behind and having more attacking option for the CB to pick out but we will see.

I am not saying that Luiz's long balls are a myth but hey, don't act as if he was a new Pirlo. For one quality long range pass he had 8 awful ones resulting in a goal kick. And that is something I could really live without.

Just now, RoyalBlues said:

Cech 2.0

Expecting to sign Luiz to replace Stamford the Lion in 5 years from now then.

I would not want him here. Luiz was not loyal to us at all twice. Cech at least had reason to go. I remember seeing him on the bench all the time. Luiz did not even fight for his place

45 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Can't we tell them to buy Willian as well?

package deal

£80m

last summer we turned down a combined £95m for both

so

apply a year over year depreciation rate of 20% (due to ages being over 30)

we come to a figure of

£76m

plus a 5% deadline day and 'just because you are fucking Arse' tax

£79.8m

rounded up

£80m

(the extra £200,000 can go to buying BoJo a one way ticket on first Elon Musk private space shot)

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Club reportedly asking for £20 million. Don't think Arsenal have put in a bid yet. 

I think they are still trying for a couple others

an up-all-night situ for their board

TBH, if I was them, I would go for BOTH Luiz (especially at only £8m WTF!!!!), as DL still has at least two or 3 years left, he was never s speed burner and his passing will still hold up) and another younger CB, as they really have no class CB's on the squad (Luiz instantly becomes their best, and he is not all that and a bag of crisps)