The Championship Thread

DavidEU

Cracking atmosphere at the Gate last night, and City are on their way to Wembley. Sadly, unless they spend well, (if they beat Hull or Watford) they'll really struggle. Maybe not of Derby proportions, but they will come straight down again.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww poor Warnock/guy who missed pen.

Still cant believe Watford were like 9 clear at one point and are now 2 goals behind

Hull kinda deserve to go up being third but meh,usually it seems whoever wins the play off come stright back down.Less time to prepare etc

Edited by Laylabelle

I feel sorry for Palace, they were the better team yesterday but in Extra Time, there seemed to be only one winner and they were the team that prevailed. Looks a Hull - Bristol City final and i would back Hull out of the 2. Watford are dreadful, they should be 4-0 down already on agg but i feel the agg could finish 5-0 anyway. Whoever comes up out of the 3, they are going back down anyway. Hull's stadium/pitch will invite the big teams to play. We lost to Barnsley on a shit pitch in the FA Cup, Barnsley finished near the relegation places. Hull came 3rd and what happened in the CC when we went away to them? We won 4-0.

Palace shouldn't have had that penalty so justice was done. Both teams gave the ball away too easily, and who ever goes up will have to spend. Still the £30 million TV money should help.

The Wembley game has an estimated £60-70 million at stake.. and then either team will be hoping some Jew/Yank billionaire will buy them I suppose.

Who would have predicted a Hull/Bristol final at the start of the season. Brilliant from both teams.

If Hull do it tonight, I don't care who goes up, because its great to see a team come to Premiership who haven't been in the top flight for yonks, and certainly not in the time i've watched football.

So come on Hull tonight.

They certainly finished the job off in style even tho they went 1-0 down. I was flicking between the Uefa cup final and this but when i saw Watford had scored i watched a bit more of it. Watford have had a decent away season so it mightve been tricky but in all fairness, they have been awful in the last 3 months and i'm happy they are not at wembley. Hull scored 2 late and won 4-1 in the end. Bristol City and Hull both deserve to be there and i'm really happy its the final.

Championship Playoff Final

Saturday 24th May 2008

Bristol City vs Hull City

Should be a Belter. Its the kind of game that i dont mind who wins because neither were expected to really come up anyway.