Drogba Gunning For Glory

EskWeston

Didier Drogba is confident he will continue his golden run of cup final goalscoring form by firing Chelsea to Carling Cup glory on Sunday.

Chelsea are set to face Tottenham at Wembley as the two sides compete for this season's first major piece of domestic silverware.

And Drogba, who has scored four goals in cup final victories over Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United in the past, is confident that he will continue his impressive run of form at the weekend.

"I want to score in the final again," Drogba told skysports.com. "I have scored in all finals Chelsea have played so far.

didierdrogba_602596.jpg

"I am a big game player and I have scored against the big three in finals.

"I want to do it against the team who is close to the big four (Tottenham). It will be a great final."

And the Ivory Coast forward also believes that his partnership with £15million January signing Nicolas Anelka will help Chelsea, who are still chasing glory in the FA Cup, UEFA Champions League and Premier League, to success on four fronts.

"He (Anelka) is a top player," Drogba continued. "I speak French like him and I think we can play together.

"If we click as we all expect, we will be very dangerous for the remaining of the season. My club has a lot to play for. We are still in four competitions."

Drogba, though, is wary of the threat posed by Tottenham and believes Spurs striker Dimitar Berbatov will be a danger.

"I respect Spurs," Drogba added. "They have a world class player in Berbatov. I am a big fan of his and he is so skillful.

"His technique is there with (Zinedine) Zidane, (Cristiano) Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and (Thierry) Henry."

Source: Sky Sports

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we click as we all expect, we will be very dangerous forthe remaining of the season. My club has a lot to play for. We are still in four competitions

He doesnt mention "in the future".....I guess this is another hint that he is planning to leave in summer.

If we click as we all expect, we will be very dangerous for the remaining of the season. My club has a lot to play for. We are still in four competitions

He doesnt mention "in the future".....I guess this is another hint that he is planning to leave in summer.

And if you look closely at this line We are still in four competitions it is clear that he also wants to have a foursome with Roman, Kenyon and Buck :D

He'd better put in a far superior performance to the one he gave us on Tuesday night.

I thought he was far from anything like what we have come to expect of him on Tuesday, he looked lazy and didn't seem to be bothered.

But then again he wasn't the only one under performing on Tuesday.

lol we could almost forget the league, lose almost every game and we'll still finish in the top 4 lol. 2nd 3rd or 4th don't really make much difference, its not like some 2nd rate latvian team is gonna beat us in a UCL qualifier. We should give absolutely everything at trying to finally get the Champs league trophy in our hands.