Chelsea Football Club

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys aren't our club! I will be thankful to everyone who invested money in Chelsea, but ones who make club are us - fans.

Very, very true -they seem to forget that when it suits them -which is most of the time

What's so special about that biography? He's a businessman and a lawyer, that's a well established fact. What exactly should we be reading there? Did it come as a surprise to you or... I don't get it.

Pointless topic imho

Pointless topic imho

Yeah well, coming from someone who said life is pointless and that you cant wait for it to be over, I am not surprised.

I happen to care about life and CFC as do a lot of fans, and to hear fuckin Curb Your Enthusiasm looky likey describe the club as just an ''investment vehicle'' puts him right up there in the Grade A Hall of Cunts.

But surely it doesn't come as a surprise? I doubt even Abramovich bought the club because he loved it. They are white-collar businessmen at a huge club who are here to take care of financial matters. It's rare when a fan becomes an owner, usually the case with small clubs, not big clubs. Or did you think, until now, that Buck was a "passionate, bleed blue" headhunter and that he would put "KTBFFH" in his career biography?

And the wording of that sentence is somewhat unclear to me also. It says "and in the acquisition of Chelsea Football Club by an investment vehicle for Roman Abramovich." which I understand means he helped Roman buy the club by an investment vehicle (whatever that means). It doesn't seem to describe the club as an investment vehicle (which it, of course, is.. truth be told).

just look at the numbers and all of you will recognise that the CFC is not an "investment vehicle". We are burning the money of RA like a destructor so where is the point with the investment? There is no chance that he will get a single penny out of this club and he is still fighting with the glorious fans so that he is allowed to donate us a stadium... Great Fanbase and what an diabolic investor..... :rant:

but it's the truth.... most fans are always lookin for mistakes by the managers, the players, the board, the investor, the FA etc etc.... every one is stupid but the fans they are fighting for the club like a horde of bears and they dont make a single mistake.....

Sick of it.... To get a facepalm because of "investment vehicle" is just ridiculous especially when you find it on skadden.com

Artinho made the best point about they couldnt do any of it without the fan base. So when they treat fans, not just at this club, for granted, or even worse with arrogance and disdain, then they deserve a bit of flak

I think it is a interdependency which iis ignored by most of the fans. It not just the club who has to back the fanbase.... the fans are in obligation to deliver as well as the club is..

They do with hard earned cash, time, travelling, and an emotional investment that is devoid of the board and owners. if every fan walked away tomorrow (say Rafa arrived), the board and owners would clear off, but the fans have nothing to sell. If the board and owners want out another buyer is always available for the 'investment vehicle'

So the owner is free of emotional investment? If this would be true he would have sold the club 2 years ago... As I said, there is no chance of getting a single penny out of this club and he is still pushing for success with his hard earned money...

He deserves as much respect as we do but most fans dont care..

Some say the emotional investment Abramovich has is to stop court cases like the recent Berezovsky one being held abroad where 'justice' may not be so favourable. He may be a Chelsea fan ,and I beleive he does love his football, and is a much better owner than say the Glazers. But when you have 10bn the amount spent on CFC is peanuts -hes spent four times as much on boats, and to call it hard earned money is laughable

Its laughable to call it not hard earned money only because he earns more money per day than the forum in 10 years. You dont get this amount of money without hard work ... 1bn is 1bn.. no matter how much you have on your accounts...

"To stop court cases" to show his emotional investment is bullshit.... these two things are totally independet to each other...

Its laughable to call it not hard earned money only because he earns more money per day than the forum in 10 years. You dont get this amount of money without hard work ... 1bn is 1bn.. no matter how much you have on your accounts...

"To stop court cases" to show his emotional investment is bullshit.... these two things are totally independet to each other...

If you win the lottery it is not 'hard earned money'. if you are one of several oligarchs who position yourself around the permanently drunk and dying Yeltsin, just as capitalism is forced upon the Soviet Union to strip its assets -it is not ''hard earned money'' . If you work in a factory or office and spend a disproportionate amount of your disposable income on supporting the team for forty years that is financial and emotional investment. 'Supporting' on an internet chat forum from a foreign country since gogo blues !!became financially awash is I should imagine a rather flexible and easy to walk away at any time hobby.