A case for patience

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it isnt as if we are starting from scratch with our young players . We are buying young overseas players (some for considerable fees),

It seems to me either our scouting system is poor or the coaching below the first team. In the past 6 years we have had countless age group

and U 21 internationals yet none have made our starting 11. My belief is that the coaching isnt up to the task.

People would be surprised at how close to the mark you are with that comment but i can tell you from first hand and recent experience that the standard of some of the coaching that i witnessed at a Pro club was just not good enough, infact i was stunned into disbelief of how bad the standard was. To be fair i witnessed from a far the Chelsea set up and could see that they were far more professional with their approach, this was at under 16 level so my guesses are that the problems at our club are further up the chain?

We simply have not produced anything near what we should be from the money invested in our youth set up and Frank ARSEson must take the lions share of the blame, perhaps now things have been shaken up since his departure and we will now start nurturing that talent sensibly were we will finally see them coming through, though it is a double edged sword as they need to get opportunitys in the first team to progress, Bertrand and MacEachran are finding this a major headache........

That constant complaining about our youth policy is quite annoying indeed.

It's like those Kalou jokes.

Our track record of youth players speaks for itself. We sign good youth.....every chelsea fan knows of some of our best youth players who have great potential etc etc.....Then they disappear,sold,fail ....

Till atleast one youth player breaks through, im not convinced. Terry was more than a decade ago. a decade.

No we are not, and we shouldn't be. We are more than capable of producing first-team materials or making profit off young talents. We have great talents. It's just that we fuck things up all the time. Gokhan Tore is already looking like someone who's worth at least five times the amount Hamburg paid us for him. Same goes for Stoch. We made a total of 5 million pounds of profit off him, but you know what? I bet we'll probably have to pay about 10 to 15 million if we are to get him back from Fenerbahce. What about Borini? Could we have saved those 50 million pounds we spent on Torres had we not ignored Borini? Maybe a bit far-fetched, but at that time he was on fire, and we could have at least given him a chance. It's not a big ask for the fans to demand the club take some kind of action to make our investment in youth pay because we really can be doing better.

Can give you the case of Romeu. He is far better then what we got here as first team starters! :blink:

But that's not Barcelona fault, as they got too many players there already.

So another problem Chelsea got besides the constant manager of firing, is this.

Lets not forget Barcelona also payed big bucks for Sanchez when they had a great talent like Tello, and he showed what he got in the last game against Villareal.

So it's not a Chelsea problem is a problem for big clubs, as mention by Carlo.

And lets not even talk about the bigger fools of Madrid that sold a lot of their youngster and now are kicking ass....a certain Mr. Mata.

Now to my understanding the best 2 biggest club that have tried to manage this decently have been United and Arsenal...and I wonder why is that....long term manager that can plan for the future, and he call the shots???

Can give you the case of Romeu. He is far better then what we got here as first team starters! :blink:

But that's not Barcelona fault, as they got too many players there already.

So another problem Chelsea got besides the constant manager of firing, is this.

Lets not forget Barcelona also payed big bucks for Sanchez when they had a great talent like Tello, and he showed what he got in the last game against Villareal.

So it's not a Chelsea problem is a problem for big clubs, as mention by Carlo.

And lets not even talk about the bigger fools of Madrid that sold a lot of their youngster and now are kicking ass....a certain Mr. Mata.

Now to my understanding the best 2 biggest club that have tried to manage this decently have been United and Arsenal...and I wonder why is that....long term manager that can plan for the future, and he call the shots???

If we were like Real Madrid, who gift their talents to other clubs but still have a very formidable first team squad, I wouldn't mind a tiny bit if none of our youngsters ever got through. Why would I? It's not so much that I care for the young players, it's more that I see the young players as a possible solution to our problem. The only other possible solution to it is obviously to spend more, and we're not doing either of those things and that's what frustrates me.

If we were like Real Madrid, who gift their talents to other clubs but still have a very formidable first team squad, I wouldn't mind a tiny bit if none of our youngsters ever got through. Why would I? It's not so much that I care for the young players, it's more that I see the young players as a possible solution to our problem. The only other possible solution to it is obviously to spend more, and we're not doing either of those things and that's what frustrates me.

Ahem cause that's because Real Madrid does a Roman or sheik. After every cycle they spend big, like 400 million and such.

Chelsea has not seen so much big spending since Roman came. After that it has been downhill, with the exception of Torres.....

The reason???? Because we don't produce enough revenue like Madrid. They can take on all this debt but they still produce profits.

Chelsea does not have even debt, but we still produce loss, because of high wages, and not a big club like Madrid to produce enough revenue.

Ahem cause that's because Real Madrid does a Roman or sheik. After every cycle they spend big, like 400 million and such.

Chelsea has not seen so much big spending since Roman came. After that it has been downhill, with the exception of Torres.....

The reason???? Because we don't produce enough revenue like Madrid. They can take on all this debt but they still produce profits.

Chelsea does not have even debt, but we still produce loss, because of high wages, and not a big club like Madrid to produce enough revenue.

I wasn't saying spending was the only way out, was I? I did specifically say that what frustrates me is that we are not taking any adequate action, whether it's spending or developing young players, to get us out of the mess we are in. And I recognize that we were never going to keep spending so much money. The board have mentioned, on several occasions, that they aim to turn things around to start making profits, and I want that, too. But if we are not going to spend, we have to at least make the most out of what we already have, and we are not doing that either, and therefore we're not getting the results we want, then we go panicking and doing some ridiculously expensive emergency deals to salvage our campaign, which is actually the exact opposite of what we want to do.

I wasn't saying spending was the only way out, was I? I did specifically say that what frustrates me is that we are not taking any adequate action, whether it's spending or developing young players, to get us out of the mess we are in. And I recognize that we were never going to keep spending so much money. The board have mentioned, on several occasions, that they aim to turn things around to start making profits, and I want that, too. But if we are not going to spend, we have to at least make the most out of what we already have, and we are not doing that either, and therefore we're not getting the results we want, then we go panicking and doing some ridiculously expensive emergency deals to salvage our campaign, which is actually the exact opposite of what we want to do.

Roman, nor the technical director is going to do that.

So who that leaves?

Oh yeah the manager, but no manager for Chelsea can do that, because they have to think short term.

So who's fault is it? The managers? The players? The board?

As far as i see it it's the clubs fault, because if you want to copy the Madrid model, then you better keep on spending for player as you pay to fire managers!

Roman, nor the technical director is going to do that.

So who that leaves?

Oh yeah the manager, but no manager for Chelsea can do that, because they have to think short term.

So who's fault is it? The managers? The players? The board?

As far as i see it it's the clubs fault, because if you want to copy the Madrid model, then you better keep on spending for player as you pay to fire managers!

Please summarize what you think my points are.

Chelsea's revolving door policy to mangers has damaged young talent, says Sinclair

Sounds very familiar to what I been saying for some time.....