Finally some good business by our board?

TopDrog

Chelsea own 50 per cent stake in Hamburg's Gokhan Tore - report

The Premier League side could profit from the re-sale of their former player and also can exercise options to recall Jeffrey Bruma and Slobodan Rajkovic

Chelsea have a 50 per cent stake in the sale of Hamburg's Gokhan Tore which is effective until the end of the midfielder's current contract at HSV.

According to Hamburger Morgenpost, this means that, should Hamburg sell the Turkey international before 2014, they will be forced to pay half the fee back to Chelsea.

Tore, a Koln native, has been linked with a move to his ancestors' homeland of Turkey in recent weeks and his agent recently revealed that he anticipates negotiations between his client and Galatasaray at season's end.

"We haven't entered official negotiations with Galatasaray, but we have good relations with their board. At the end of the season? Why not? But not now," agent Bektas Demirtas told Radyospor.

Hamburg signed several players, including Tore, Michael Mancienne, Jacopo Sala, Slobodan Rajkovic, and loanee Jeffrey Bruma, from Chelsea last summer and though the quintet came at a cut price, the agreement between the clubs contains several clauses.

Though Bruma had agreed to a two-year loan, Chelsea can recall him this summer, after just half the decided spell. Rajkovic, who was signed on a full transfer for €2 million, could also return to Stamford Bridge provided Chelsea exercise a buy-back clause that would see HSV recoup their initial investment.

http://www.goal.com/...han-tore-report

So our board wasn't that stupid afterall? Nice to know that we'll atleast get something back for Tore and can get Rajkovic in the future via a buy-back clause.

:chai:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tore deal was stupid regardless of whether we get something from his future sale or not. We're not a small club who need money and could have definitely used a winger like him. He's a ball hog, which is unfortunate, but he has great skills (dribbling, set piece, crossing, passing, etc.) and pace, and some decent strength. I haven't watched many Hamburg games this season, but from what I've seen, he's already a much better player than Kalou and Malouda. It still pisses me off that the club sold him without giving him a chance in the first team.

I suggest you watch the Bundes Liga more. He is currently Hamburg's best defender. We are lucky to have a talent like Bruma.

Exactly how many times have you seen him play?

You, sir, are a grade a clown.

I've seen almost every match Bruma played for us and he was terrible.

I refuse to believe he's become a WC player in Hamburg, but if he is then he's surely welcome back :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnwsib_hsv-vs-borussoa-doprtmund-1-5-goal-highlights_sport?start=267#from=embediframe

I rest my case