Player of the Season So Far

NiclasCFC

Player of the season.  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your player of the season so far?

Ramires and Mata for me. Danny has been class but other than City he has been disappointing against other big teams. Can't say the same for the other two. Especially Ramires.

I don't understand why Sturridge is criticized so much, for a player that has been arguably our best player he sure gets criticized a lot.

Which big game did Ramires stand out?

United? he missed a couple of sitters and didn't do that much

Arsenal? he was subbed a nearly half way through the game.

Bayer Leverkusen 2nd leg? I remember him playing disciplined in the 4-2-3-1 playing behind Lampard in the first half, but lost his discipline where he mindlessly went out of position many times, hence why we lost the midfield battle in that game.

Liverpool?

Mata biggest game was against Arsenal, and that was in a losing effort.

Anyway Sturridge gets my vote, but it is really close between him and Mata. Although i think Mata is our most important player but not necessarily our best player.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mata

Sturidge

Ramires in no order at all. We all know the first two, but Ramires has heped on all levels, his dashing runs witch got clichy the red goals scored and work rate foes pretty unnoticed. We need however a younger player of that caliber (as in work rate) for the our attack cause it's those games against wigan where a Kun aguero comes on and just breathes life into a dead game that stimulates the team.

Salomon Kalou for not playing in 12 out of 16 PL games this season.

On a more serious note though, for me it'd be Sturridge. Our top scorer, and also the most eager player on the team along with Ramires. (It was his determination that changed the direction of the City game and many other.)

And of course, Mata, Ramires and Luiz deserve an honourable mention as well. I'm surprised Luiz isn't on the list because other than the QPR match, I think he's been very solid so far.

Hard to say IMO.

We have seen how crap our performances without Ramires are...

Without Mata there would be zero creativity on the pitch...

Danny has pretty much won us a lot of points on his own

Romeu makes us so very solid when he's at DM

And JT has put in many great performances

Hard to say IMO.

We have seen how crap our performances without Ramires are...

Without Mata there would be zero creativity on the pitch...

Danny has pretty much won us a lot of points on his own

Romeu makes us so very solid when he's at DM

And JT has put in many great performances

But that's what always sets Chelsea apart from other teams like Arsenal, we always have a team effort and performance. Even in terms of scoring goals, our tally is always divided among our middle and forwards.

Yesterdays 1-1 draw showed us why i think Ramires is our Player of the Season so far, He is vital for our midfield and without him our midfield looks so Static :(

I can't agree more, he became essential in many domains of the play. Defensively his volume of play and his huge amount of good interventions are crucial, offensively he's the one who puts tempo and rythm in the play of the team. Above all I'm fascinated by his ability to give such good through balls in the last tier whereas most of the time he just made a 40 yard run before. Keeping lucidity after repeated efforts during 90mn week after week is just brilliant.

And it's really when he's missing that we realize how he's important. No other player gave me the impression so far, except Drogba but he hasn't played as much games as Ramires.

Plus, it's noticeable that for some months now he changed a little his way to play, he can be calm and distribute/pass on the width way better than before when his vertical play did contrast with his lateral play. His body balance when he pass laterally changed