Lucas Barrios

DDA

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a rumor you most likely have not heard heavily reported. Yet it is arguably one of the best possible deals that Chelsea can make this transfer window.

Lucas Barrios, has found playing time hard to come by this season after Robert Lewandowski replaced him in the starting lineup while Barrios was injured at the start of the season.

He has made only three starts all season long, and has made his displeasure with his situation very clear:

I never thought I would live this after all my goals. I am 27 and it's time to think about my career. I feel very good in football terms, but the coach has decided for another player, I have to respect that decision, because I am professional. However, I never imagined living in a situation like this having scored so many goals.

Both ESPN and Sky Sports have reported that Borussia Dortmund are willing to allow their ex-hitman, who scored 44 goals in 77 appearances prior to this season, to leave in the January window, and sources are claiming that he could leave Dortmund for as little as €12 million.

Barrios represents a low-risk, high yield possible acquisition for Chelsea.

Should he succeed, then Chelsea has signed an excellent second-option or even replacement for Fernando Torres, and at almost one-fifth of the cost of the Spanish striker.

If he fails, then he can probably be offloaded at half or more of the cost that he was purchased for, representing a minor negative investment for a club like Chelsea.

If Chelsea's more ambitious pursuits, like Gonzalo Higuain, do not transfer to the club, then Barrios represents a solid transfer target for the Blues.

^You've picked that up from The Bleacher Report, which is worse than all the other websites specifically mentioned as banned.

As regards the player himself, he's underrated despite being important for BVB. I like him, he could be a good target but solely as a squad player, not as our primary choice.

^You've picked that up from The Bleacher Report, which is worse than all the other websites specifically mentioned as banned.

As regards the player himself, he's underrated despite being important for BVB. I like him, he could be a good target but solely as a squad player, not as our primary choice.

Yes. Haha... why it's bad? I like his point. :)

• 2 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You