AVB - our lethal weapon

Tomo

While we have struggling to convince the bookies we have a chance of challenging the two Manchester clubs i strongly believe they are seriously under-estimating AVB, during the summer when it looked a toss up between Van Basten and Redknapp for the Chelsea job i was resigned to a year or two in the back seat but part of my optimism this season has been due to the man we now have in control of the dugout. I don't think many actually realise just how talented the guy is.

On paper Manchester United and defiently Manchester City look stronger but we only have to look at AVB's last job's a living proof that the game is not played on paper. Fergie and Manchester United last season more living proof of this.

Looking back on Andre's last two job's starting with Academica, when he took over they were bottom winless and looking frightenly like Portugal's version of Derby County 07/08, on paper they were the worst side in that league but Andre still managed to take them from a posible record low points relegation to mid table safety in just over half a season, on paper they never stood a chance but Andre has over ideas. He massively overachieved given the resourced avalible to him.

Then in the summer 2010 he took the job at Porto, they lost Meireles and despite losing a couple of key players themself defending champions Benfica still looked a stronger outfit. On paper Porto were going to find it tough to win the league but again Andre had other ideas, winning the league in itself was not overachieving in Porto but to go unbeaten something only Benfica have done before and to break numerous records in the process including record points shows just how great he did and just how much he overachived. It may only be the Portuguese league but if those record's were so easy to break then why did it take over 100 years to break them?

While the Manchester clubs look stronger on paper, if Andre overachives with us to the same or even close to the same extent he did at Porto and Academica it will take something special from the Manchester clubs to stop us winning the title, while the Manchester clubs are stronger on paper, so were Benfica when Andre took over Porto and so where every single club he leapfrogged in the table with Academica.

Andre is a serious weapon for us and the more bookie and pundits underestimate him the more benefitory it will be for us.

Im not saying we will defeintly win the league but all i am saying is under estimate Andre Villas Boas at your peril, if you predicted what he would do at Academica and Porto when he first walked into the job you would have got laughed at, whats to say he cannot defy the thinkable again ?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can succeed in winning the FA Cup, and/or the League Cup and mounting a serious challenge for the title - i would be content. We are seriously going through a transitional peroid, which started so long ago and hasn't really been added till AVB came. I am 100% AVB could be the perfect leader for our future young squad, he is the brightest managerial prospect out there, and i think he is more technically sound then Carlo and can see problems when they are emerged - after all that was his job for a very long time, when he was here!

He has already shown he is ready to face the bull in order to get the best of the team - subbing Kalou only on 31 minutes, and playing Anelka before Torres. Even though MotD would rather blab for 15 minutes of analysis of how 'great' Mancini and SAF are, they don't highlight the impact AVB has already - with even Terry saying he is better then Jose!

If the words of him being a long term manager despite the factor of success in his tenure is true, then maybe we have finally hit the nail in the head, and found the true person to be the image of the club in a managerial aspect instead of players. The next stage of the transition will start in the summer, with some members leaving and some maybe coming in. Although, in my opionion we should have started a lot earlier to bring in the new faces, i am pleased that finally maybe we have found someone for longer then the six month span previous managers have had!

Guest justin_3d

I thought the same with Carlo last season, and look at how it turn out....

Being optimistic is good an all. But i will hold my noses and won't say much.

My optimistic head was burn badly last year, so now i am just sitting back and enjoying the ride.

If we can succeed in winning the FA Cup, and/or the League Cup and mounting a serious challenge for the title - i would be content. We are seriously going through a transitional peroid, which started so long ago and hasn't really been added till AVB came. I am 100% AVB could be the perfect leader for our future young squad, he is the brightest managerial prospect out there, and i think he is more technically sound then Carlo and can see problems when they are emerged - after all that was his job for a very long time, when he was here!

He has already shown he is ready to face the bull in order to get the best of the team - subbing Kalou only on 31 minutes, and playing Anelka before Torres. Even though MotD would rather blab for 15 minutes of analysis of how 'great' Mancini and SAF are, they don't highlight the impact AVB has already - with even Terry saying he is better then Jose!

If the words of him being a long term manager despite the factor of success in his tenure is true, then maybe we have finally hit the nail in the head, and found the true person to be the image of the club in a managerial aspect instead of players. The next stage of the transition will start in the summer, with some members leaving and some maybe coming in. Although, in my opionion we should have started a lot earlier to bring in the new faces, i am pleased that finally maybe we have found someone for longer then the six month span previous managers have had!

excellent post carrying the message to Roman K T F ( f f s )