FIFA Under-20 World Cup 2011

Kostas

Guest justin_3d

Spain vs. Ecuador today.

Let's hope for a better match, cause Ecuador played good against Australia, and got pip to a last minute goal.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

First half Oriel Romeu has been the best player in the field for Spain.

And Marcos Caicedo for Ecuador.

From the look of it, Romeu has a lot of potential for Chelsea.

The first half has been good.

It was just like I expected, as Ecuador is a good team.

They got unlucky against Australia scoring the last min.

P.S. Player like Marcos Caicedo are the unknown talent Chelsea should be looking for. He is really good. I am sure there are similar like him in the Colombian team, Uruguay and such.

We don't have to spend millions of dollars on European players. We can get cheap gems from South America like this guy Marcos Caicedo.

I do agree, but sometimes South Americans struggle to adapt to the country... Jean Beauséjour by example was incredible at the WC, he lasted almost 6 or 7 months to look like a decent player at Birmingham City and there are so much more examples, Jara at West Bromwich etc...

But when we see what can do Chicharito it's obvious that we can think to approach differently the kind of scouting we do, why putting 5m for a 16 year old European whereas we can pick players for nothing as Porto does (even if they have a fantastic (carloeyebrow.jpeg) scouting network they improve for years and years now) ?

Guest justin_3d

I do agree, but sometimes South Americans struggle to adapt to the country... Jean Beauséjour by example was incredible at the WC, he lasted almost 6 or 7 months to look like a decent player at Birmingham City and there are so much more examples, Jara at West Bromwich etc...

But when we see what can do Chicharito it's obvious that we can think to approach differently the kind of scouting we do, why putting 5m for a 16 year old European whereas we can pick players for nothing as Porto does (even if they have a fantastic (carloeyebrow.jpeg) scouting network they improve for years and years now) ?

It's a miss and hit.

Antonio Valencia took time to adapt from Ecuador.

Came to Spain and flop.

Then move to PL and flourish under a good manager like Bruce.

For me i would also say the manager has big part. Cause Bruce has brought some good young talent like Coyle.

Guest justin_3d

In the group of Spain, Spain qualifies as first place, and second place Ecuador.

Happy with that, cause i would have been sad if Ecuador left. They where the only team to play head to head against Spain till they went down one men.

Guest justin_3d

I'm sick of how good Spain are at all levels

It's a cycle, and what you get after winning the WC.

I remember France was this good when they won the WC. Dominating everything.

The real test as always is maintaining consistency.

Guest justin_3d

Hope for a better match. Also France with Kakuta.

Yesterday the ref. screw up a lot. Help a lot of teams won. Only team that won without controversy was Mexico.

Hope for a better match. Also France with Kakuta.

Yesterday the ref. screw up a lot. Help a lot of teams won. Only team that won without controversy was Mexico.

The Mexico game - did they play Cameroon? They (Cameroon) did not look prepared at all for PKs. Awful.