Marcelo Bielsa as coach of A. Bilbao

Guest justin_3d

Age is irrelevant here. Everything you see in this man is what everyone saw in André, rightly so too. The fact is, even Bielsa is powerless to the powers that be in this club (the players). What you think he'll be allowed to ship off the old guard or even control them? No he won't. You think he'll be allowed to bring in all his targets? No he won't.

I don't deny what you see in the man. I deny what you think he can achieve, because he'll face the same problems.

Absolutely. He'll need time to deliver, and he won't ever be afforded that at Chelsea.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that point you might be right.

Cause the AVB comparisons where just a blatant disrespect to Bielsa's managerial career.

However as you pointed out "the way Chelsea is set up now" meaning that there will be major changes this summer?

If that's the case then whats the problem?

Plus I always stated how I wanted a manager that risk more youth.

Bielsa is by far one of the fewest top managers in the world that infuses more youth into the starting team.

Well perhaps those changes are coming, but I think most will be here this season. I just don't believe he will be given time or resources in his debut season in the league, should he not achieve what's expected he'll get the sack. I fear that his no-nonsense approach will not be accepted by the powers here and therefore he'll suffer the fate of andré.

So, eldo wanted AVB so bad, I should've known he was shit.

It would be really funny If we end up with Bielsa after all. lol

Now I hardly see Eldo around anymore. He used to be all over AVB, that it seems the AVB fiasco has hit him badly! :lol:

And yeah that would be truly awesome. The only person that wanted Bielsa here last summer, would get his wish come true! :blue scalf:

"Bielsa is currently the best coach on the planet,"Pep Guardiola told reporters at a press conference on Friday.

"We're lucky to have him in La Liga so that we can learn from him. [bilbao's] qualification [for the quarter-finals of the Europa League] is a gift for the game."

• 1 month later...

Bielsa credits youth team coaches with Bilbao success

Athletic Bilbao's success in reaching the Europa League and Copa del Rey finals this season is down to the youth team coaches who cultivated the players in the current side, according to coach Marcelo Bielsa.

Unusually in Europe, Bilbao, who face Atletico Madrid in Wednesday's Europa League final, shun expensive signings and field only players with connections to the Basque region, raising most of their own talent.

Bielsa, who took over at the start of this season, revamped the team and replaced their traditional physical style with an adventurous passing game, has earned praise for leading them to their first European final for 35 years.

However, the former

Argentina and Chile coach, whose side upset Manchester United and Schalke 04 on the way, preferred to pass it on to the club's youth team coaches.

"In institutions such as Athletic, what happens in the present is always articulated and connected to what happened before, because it's an organisation which feeds off itself, which generates in its formative divisions the players who will compete and represent it in the years to come," he said.

"Obviously, whoever has taken on and developed this task in the last decade has done the job very well.

"It's up to us in this case to make use of what they have produced, this team is a young generation with a very high percentage produced in the same institution."

Bielsa, gazing constantly downwards in his usual manner, was at his philosophical best as he talked about the final.

"In relation to me and all those who are involved in a final, the emotions and feelings multiply themselves and it is up to you to transfer those particularities to which I refer into the game itself," he said.

"A league is a series of successive commitments where you always have the option of correction and change.

"A final, as the

name makes clear, is single and irreversible and this condition establishes the most significant difference.

"Everything which happens will be final and unmodifiable and those of us who compete all know that this adds a very special ingredient."

He was equally verbose after being asked whether Athletic had surpassed the expectations he had when he took over.

"In a league competition, we set the target of equalling what we had achieved the year before.

"In a cup, it is impossible to establish such an objective because you have to do this on the basis of the path which has to be trodden and this is impossible to do when that path has not yet been developed."

Midfielder Ander Herrera said the victory over

Manchester United in the round of 16, when Athletic won both legs, was the key in the campaign.

"It was the moment we realised we could go far in this competition," he said. "We realised the team's capabilities and qualities and felt that we could beat anyone.

"We beat one of the best teams in the world and played better than them and that was a good springboard."

---------------

The one coach Chelsea needs! :blue scalf:

• 1 month later...

He resigned on his job in Athletic...

Following the club's statement condemning him for an altercation with a construction worker at the training ground, the Argentine has quit the Spanish team

Marcelo Bielsa has announced that he has stepped down as coach of Athletic Bilbao with immediate effect.

The decision comes just hours after the Basque club issued a statement in which they publicly criticised the Argentine for his row with a construction company employee.

Bielsa had publicly admitted his frustration that construction at the club's Lezama training facility was not completed in time for the start of the pre-season and accused the construction company of not respecting the contract that had been signed.

Hes such a great coach, he is probably a better one than Pep Guardiola. Even Pep said that Bielsa was the best coach on the planet, you could see how good a coach he was by watching Bilbao in the Europa League against Man United. They were so good, they went to Old Trafford and dominated United, which teams don't do too often! He will defos get a job at a top club either this summer or the next one, hopefully see him in the PL tbh!

P.S. I didn't see Bilbao much but they were amazing in the Europa League, thats why I mentioned that United game.