The Bogarde Syndrome

Seems no one wants to leave. Is this a sign of eternal loyalty to the club , Would be nice to think so,,

Could it be the dreaded Bogarde virus ,,,cured only by a prolonged spell on the bench or more preferably in the stand or even at home.

The disease isnt painful except to the fans ,,to the player any mild discomfort is assauged by inspection of his monthly bank statements.

I think we will find it difficult to move players on ,already Anelke ,Drogba and Malouda have expressed their intention to stay .

It may be we must move players out in order to add to our squad. Of course players who won't move could lose their squad place ,,

they might form their own little Bogarde group

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be said both Turnbull and Hilario, both should know they will never establish themselves as number one since Cech is here yet they are willing to sit on the bench and get paid thousands each week for doing nothing!

I would rather see the likes of Delac, Walker, etc. be our number two or three then OAP Hilario and downgrade Turnbull.

no i don`t think it`s a financial matter..it may not be entirely out of love of the club but maybe their love of playing for one of the best clubs in the world.

i do think however fans in general and perhaps more so with our club,try to read too much into what our players,coaches etc..say in the media. stating that they wish to fight for their place or whatever is usual lip service that pretty much almost all players when under contract with a club will say.

i don`t see the players mentioned trying to pull off a "Bogarde" they can be an embarresment to the club on times with their girly tantrums and shit but i don`t think they would do that. different situations really anyway..

There is no way to terminate a contract? Any how we can keep them warming the bench,Drogba still has a lot to offer.Even Anelka could play in the cup and do a decent job,but Malouda can't dribble past my nan these days.

There is no way to terminate a contract? Any how we can keep them warming the bench,Drogba still has a lot to offer.Even Anelka could play in the cup and do a decent job,but Malouda can't dribble past my nan these days.

there is also the serious point of the limits to squad size

Anelka said he won't accept offers. Not sure why cus a club in America will pay him much more

I'd be seriously surprised if this is true. MLS has a much lower pay structure than the leagues in Europe. I know there are exceptions, like Beckham, but Anelka isn't close to DB in terms of recognition and marketing.

The cynic in me says the club should strongly encourage the unwanted players to leave with their dignity intact. Perhaps with some financial incentive.

If that doesn't work, the club can make it clear to the unwanted players there isn't room for them on the first team and they will be expected to start for the reserves.

The cynic in me says the club should strongly encourage the unwanted players to leave with their dignity intact. Perhaps with some financial incentive.

If that doesn't work, the club can make it clear to the unwanted players there isn't room for them on the first team and they will be expected to start for the reserves.

I don't think that is cynical but a reasonable approach

indeed that should be case..with the fact we have to name 25 players at the start of the season,we could say that they aren`t gonna be in that 25 so rather than having your career almost completely derailed..ala Santa Cruz at Man City! you better sign elsewhere.

I'd be seriously surprised if this is true. MLS has a much lower pay structure than the leagues in Europe. I know there are exceptions, like Beckham, but Anelka isn't close to DB in terms of recognition and marketing.

There's a thing in America that allows clubs to break the wage structure for a certain number of "designated spots". Some teams have multiple spots while others have none, because they can be traded. There is no chance my "local" team Sporting Kansas City could ever sign a player of worldwide popularity, so they use their spot on Omar Bravo. There is no way someone like Anelka would have any interest in playing for a Kansas City or Columbus. If he comes to America, I can't see him going anywhere but either to New York or one of the Los Angeles teams and none of them have open designated spots.

There's a thing in America that allows clubs to break the wage structure for a certain number of "designated spots". Some teams have multiple spots while others have none, because they can be traded. There is no chance my "local" team Sporting Kansas City could ever sign a player of worldwide popularity, so they use their spot on Omar Bravo. There is no way someone like Anelka would have any interest in playing for a Kansas City or Columbus. If he comes to America, I can't see him going anywhere but either to New York or one of the Los Angeles teams and none of them have open designated spots.

Thank you for the detailed explanation of that rule. I was aware of it because how else would you lure Henry and Beckham to MLS? I wasn't aware of it in detail. Do you know if there is a max limit on how much the exception can make?

Still, I can't see Anelka making more money than he does now. He's probably on 80-90K weekly at Chelsea and that's in pounds. I can't see any MLS team willing to give him USD 100-125K weekly. He is simply not that big of a name like Beckham nor was he ever as good as Henry. Also the MLS' season is shorter so even if the MLS team matched his weekly earnings at Chelsea, he would lose money overall. I'm not saying Anelka is staying at Chelsea purely for financial reasons but I'm positive that he wouldn't get as good a financial deal anywhere else.

It's not pretty but Chelsea may have to lose some PR points and do what Man City did and that's to tell some to leave and if they don't, they can watch from the stands and play for the reserves. Opening in up salary spots for the 25 man squad is essential for a team badly in need of renewing over the next couple of years.