Any more loans for our youth?

Guest justin_3d

Guest justin_3d

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7007142,00.html

According to this article, Bruce is keen to take more players on loan this new season.

Question is, can Chelsea send a player or two to Bruce?

I see Bruce as a great coach for youth like Owen Coyle.

He did good at Wigan with players like Antonio Valencia, Palecio and such.

Is doing the same thing at Sunderland.

That being said, if Chelsea is serious about giving more room to our academy, my top 3 clubs to send our youngster on a loan would be Sunderland with Steve Bruce, Bolton with Owen Coyle, and Swansea with Rodgers.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the first question is would we feel Sunderland the best place to send a youngster? Secondly it is very hard to get a player on loan in the premiership and it doesn't always work for the best, look at Kakuta (Fulham), Sinclair (Wigan), Di Santo (Blackbun) ect... we need to send our players where they will get playing time first.

But there will most certainly be a lot of Chelsea players out on loan this season.....

Guest justin_3d

Well the first question is would we feel Sunderland the best place to send a youngster? Secondly it is very hard to get a player on loan in the premiership and it doesn't always work for the best, look at Kakuta (Fulham), Sinclair (Wigan), Di Santo (Blackbun) ect... we need to send our players where they will get playing time first.

But there will most certainly be a lot of Chelsea players out on loan this season.....

Well i thought it would depend a lot on the manager as well and the team.

It's much harder to be in a relegation team then in a more stable team like Sunderland and Bolton.

Well i thought it would depend a lot on the manager as well and the team.

It's much harder to be in a relegation team then in a more stable team like Sunderland and Bolton.

Chelsea would not be worried about sending a player to relegated threatened club, providing they get played. Infact the experience would be very good for them. Very very hard to get the right loan deal for players in the premiership, the only players at the moment who could possibly get a loan in the premiership (if they are not staying at the club) Sturridge, Bertrand, Kakuta, Van Aanholt, McEachran......

I am sure there is a very strong chance Brendan Rodgers would take a player or 2 from us on loan, which would be fantastic for us and for the players who end up going. Kakuta could benefit from a loan in the premiership with Brenadan, as could Josh or PVA.

Guest justin_3d

Chelsea would not be worried about sending a player to relegated threatened club, providing they get played. Infact the experience would be very good for them. Very very hard to get the right loan deal for players in the premiership, the only players at the moment who could possibly get a loan in the premiership (if they are not staying at the club) Sturridge, Bertrand, Kakuta, Van Aanholt, McEachran......

I am sure there is a very strong chance Brendan Rodgers would take a player or 2 from us on loan, which would be fantastic for us and for the players who end up going. Kakuta could benefit from a loan in the premiership with Brenadan, as could Josh or PVA.

I agreed, it is why i said my top 3 clubs for loaning our youth would be Sunderland with Bruce, Bolton with Coyle and Swansea with Rodgers.

Also have to see what AVB does. Is he willing to give more time to our youth then Carlo?

If not, then i would like to see such moves come to happen to the following clubs.

Heard talk about Connor Clifford joining Leeds on loan for the coming season. Anyone confirm this?

Heard that earlier from my Leeds supporting cousin(fool). Wouldn't be a bad move, I reckon a few of their better players will be moving along this summer so he could be a starter from the off

Conner needs to go where he will get games, as with a lot of players at his age (a symptom of the the poor set up for 18 to 21 year olds in this country) Connor had a poor(ish) season after his first loan spell went fairly well and then he left there. He needs a full season of games, Connor has a great ability to be a midfield driving force. But he will never reach his potential unless he goes somewhere this season where he can play 25+ games

• 3 weeks later...

The manager of Portsmouth fc Steve Cotterill is hoping a member of Chelsea senior squad may join Portsmouth soon on loan.

but Cotterill didn’t identify any specific player .

“I had about a 20-minute chat with Andre before the Chelsea game and mentioned to him we had already put in a request for a player before he got the job,” Cotterill told the press .

“I wanted to have that conversation face-to-face with him as opposed to just being a request going in.

“He has only just got through the door at the club and now has two weeks in Asia. Basically, he has two weeks away to assess his squad and, maybe, we will speak when we both get back.

“We are waiting to see what happens at the moment, but nothing is set in stone. All I can say, though, is we have had conversations and, obviously, they are a fantastic club with a great squad there.”

reports in England had linked Portsmouth with a loan move for Chelsea full back Patrick van aanholt who recently signed a new contract but we believe that Chelsea will loan out one of those two players – Ryan Bertrand and Patrick Van Aanholt.

Source

We should be looking to do better than Portsmouth (with all due respect).