Chelsea Legends Match

As i was at the cottage yesterday i thought id give a review on what happened.

When i got there players were coming out every now and again signing autographs and i discovered i missed Zola and Jimmy by 10 minutes, no happy rant.gif

Fulham V Chelsea was the first match, Barry Hayles for Fulham hit the post and Tore Andre Flo missed a penalty before Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink rolled back the years with a hat-trick (his 3rd was hilarious when he taunted the whole crowd leaving the ball on the line for 10 seconds laugh.gif) and Pat Nevin came up with a double, a penalty for Fulham made it 1-1 at one point but at the end of the second half they were ripped apart, although it's only a charity tournament it was great seeing our old boys play with class and swagger. 5-1 Chelsea.

Watching Spurs play Arsenal in all honesty it weren't that exciting, it looked like they were cancelling each other out till a deft chip by a Tottenham player and a good solo effort from Darren Anderton gave them the win, i don't like assuming wins but i was pretty sure we could have beaten whoever got through out of those two. 2-0 Spuds.

A charity penalty shootout followed where the keeper would donate £500 for charity for every pen that got scored past him, 10 out of 12 were scored including all 3 of our takers (Zola, Jimmy and Beasent).

The final against Spurs our legends won easy 4 goals and could have been more, Ken Monkou opened the scoring before Zola's delightful free kick had the Chelsea fans in delight, when he was about to take it i thought the position was similar to the one where he scored against Tottenham in 2003, the second half it was even easier as Tore Andre Flo and Jody Morris completed the formality to let Chelsea lift the cup. 4-0 Chelsea

Might only be a charity tourno but it is always good to see our legends going strong and its always good to beat London rivals in anyway shape or form.

another interesting stat for yesterday

GOALS SCORED

Chelsea 9

The rest 3

Great day out and well worth the money, its on again next year apparently and if we enter again i strongly recommend goingchelseaflag.gif

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is such a tough vote lol but i go for Jimmy's hammer because it was really well hit and brought back memories. Zola's vintage FK vs Jimmy's vintage hammer blow, loved both.

I'll go next year for sure, i'm sure it will happen again. We were so much the best team yesterday it was quite embarrassing lol.

Watched it all on telly blue%20scalf.gif

Really wanted to go but my friend was up in Kent so he couldn't come down, mothers eh?

It was so great seeing all the goals pour in yesterday and everyone just having a good day out really

Brilliant day -will go next year - Some big bellies floppin about kenny Sansom was about 8 months pregnant and Galvin was carrying triplets.

Hasselbaink, Nevin, Zola & Walker all in the same team -brilliant -would have been good to see Speedie or Osgood :(

Thought it was a fantastic afternoon for people like myself and youngsters, who have perhaps never seen or have never had the opportunity to see the calibre of players like Zola, Hasslebaink, Nevin etc.. play live before. I did think it was a shame that there wasn't a better attendance, as there were a number of empty seats considering the price at £10 for a match ticket.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...