• Bakayoko (sub)
    • Pasalic (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Kalas (sub)
    • Aina (sub)
    • Piazon (sub)

2 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Why do you consider it to be doubt? I know exactly what Kante can add to a team, the question is whether what he does is enough to consider him an all around midfielder?

Every role we’ve seen him in has been the same. He’s never been considered an all around mid.

Basically - I think you underestimate his football IQ and his excellent ability to adapt and improve. 

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The Skipper said:

Basically - I think you underestimate his football IQ and his excellent ability to adapt and improve. 

No. I'm quite sure and confident where N'Golo's strengths and weaknesses lie. I would say his strengths aren't as valuable in a team that plays a possession game. Not that they aren't useful but that he won't win player of the year in this system. His weaknesses which in my estimation are in the final 3rd of the pitch will be more on display in this system. 

If you think otherwise that's fine, but you have absolutely no evidence that he can excel in a b2b/shuttling role. He's rarely, if at all, has played in a system that allows him to showcase this side of his game. I'd be intrigued to see if Sarri can coax this aspect of his game but I'm not sure he possesses the ability to be a complete mid.

If he does we are in a hell of a season!

7 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Again I'm not so sure of that, how you use the ball in possession of it is much much important in this system than how you play without it. I pains me to say it but Kante is a standout in a certain brand of football but this particular brand, while he can still be effective, isn't going to win him player of the year again. He can be better than serviceable but I don't think he'll be elite.

Yeah... Kante has been better than Cesc moving the ball around and going forward the last year. So... Don't buy this at all. 

2 hours ago, Stats said:

This is not knee-jerk, because I know his weaknesses and know his strengths, but when people are saying get rid off Fabregas, they seriously must of lose their mind. His ability to create chances from anywhere is amazing. His vision still remains top class. In a team like Sarri's where we are going to dominate the ball and go full gung-ho, the amount of chances he will put on a plate for our attackers will be limitless. Would be crazy to sell to Napoli, especially as I doubt we would get a huge offer. He is still a vital player for the squad. His number of assists will only increase next season imo.

No thanks. 

He completely takes over the game, at the hinderance of the team. Everything is slowed down and almost entirely played through him. I think it limits and stagnates ball movement, while the players only start looking for particular runs. He was good during his time, but he is way past it. He isn't an athlete, and all his skills have been greatly diminished with it as soon as any athleticism he had left him. He just isn't in the class of someone like Pirlo who could still do it late into his career. Cesc funnels us, more so than control the game for us at this point in his career. 

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

Yeah... Kante has been better than Cesc moving the ball around and going forward the last year. So... Don't buy this at all. 

Not selling it.... This is my opinion and only time will tell what transpires. And I don't know where you've come up with the bolded section.

14 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Not selling it.... This is my opinion and only time will tell what transpires. And I don't know where you've come up with the bolded section.

Because his bursting runs through the middle were more dangerous and effective than anything Cesc has been doing. 

3 hours ago, Stats said:

This is not knee-jerk, because I know his weaknesses and know his strengths, but when people are saying get rid off Fabregas, they seriously must of lose their mind. His ability to create chances from anywhere is amazing. His vision still remains top class. In a team like Sarri's where we are going to dominate the ball and go full gung-ho, the amount of chances he will put on a plate for our attackers will be limitless. Would be crazy to sell to Napoli, especially as I doubt we would get a huge offer. He is still a vital player for the squad. His number of assists will only increase next season imo.

I'm not a fan. his movement and decision making is poor.

50 minutes ago, Thor said:

Because his bursting runs through the middle were more dangerous and effective than anything Cesc has been doing. 

Cesc doesn't make "bursting runs" its never been his game. I was responding to your assertion that Kante moved the ball better than Cesc.

This discussion of kante vs Fabregas is just so weird. Just accept the fact that Kante passing for a cm is average. I watched him in France team to see any difference in his game with different team but it is clear he is the weakest link in term passing but his ball winning ability is second to none. 

Fabregas on the other hand, has pretty good off the ball movement and his passing is decent for a cm (used to be arguably the best in EPL) but he is clearly has no leg left. 

In term of how kante will work in this team, we'll see. 

Watching the 1st half, we kinda play a bit like Guardiola city team with quick passing from cb straight to cm between the line in dangerous position. If all fail, cross field pass to winger to play one on one against fb. Hazard will be absolutely devastating next season (if he stay).

Morata play a hybrid (hold the ball and make run behind) role which I like but he still fall down too often, go to the gym man. 

Overall quite similar to city not as fluid of course but with worse player