Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

14 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Good signing if it happens, but isn't he too similar to kante in terms of characteristics? 

Having specialized players will make it easier for the opponents to focus their defending. Ex close in on Fabregas and let Baka and Kante have the football.

I don't see how that can be considered a bad thing. If we can duplicate Kante imagine the amount of ground we can cover? not to mention the freedom it will give our creative players.

7 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Go Home Ray, you're drunk.... AGAIN.

I hate the fact that this is still part of the narrative. Its so clear to me Nathaniel went on loan and never really excelled(was okay but certainly not at Chelsea level) Came back from loan and has yet to really impress in the premier league. He played against low ranking teams in the cups and never really asserted himself. 

I know its harsh but Chalobah hasn't given the manager something to think about and anyone who thinks he has, has definitely had a few too many Wilkins cocktails. 

Its not up to the club to give someone a chance, its up to the player to PROVE he can be counted on and to this point Nathaniel hasn't quite done it. There's no mandate at Chelsea to ignore the youth, they have to prove to be exceptional.

Literally every time Ray speaks i cringe at the thought that he use to be assistant here. His football talk is simplistic for the standard of a football fan, let alone coach. God knows what Guus and Carlo thought when he spoke tactics to them.

14 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Good signing if it happens, but isn't he too similar to kante in terms of characteristics? 

Having specialized players will make it easier for the opponents to focus their defending. Ex close in on Fabregas and let Baka and Kante have the football.

We haven't had a problem breaking team's down with Kante and Matic. Unlike 2014 that's not the area we need to improve on.

Already seeing people around Twitter and other places comparing him to Yaya Toure. Just because he's big, strong, black, and a midfielder doesn't mean he's comparable in terms of his actual game. Prime Yaya was totally unique. Had all the physical tools to dominate yet could also score 20 goals in a season. Bakayoko isn't a goal threat at all right now.

The main thing he does do similarly to Yaya is that he's able to carry the ball and surge forward like an 18 wheeler. Watch him on YouTube and you see him burst forward with great ball control and shrug off 2-3 players in the process. 

Well, this is inevitable, people judgment is based on the fist thing they saw, and that happens to be the resemblance with famous players.

Just like lukaku to Drogba and Piazon to Kaka.

But this misconception doesn't prevent us from getting quality players, i do believe that bakayako will be a great addition to the team.

My only concern is his tendency to randomly pass forward when he is about to get dispossessed, but i also believe in conte to improve this aspect.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Already seeing people around Twitter and other places comparing him to Yaya Toure. Just because he's big, strong, black, and a midfielder doesn't mean he's comparable in terms of his actual game. Prime Yaya was totally unique. Had all the physical tools to dominate yet could also score 20 goals in a season. Bakayoko isn't a goal threat at all right now.

The main thing he does do similarly to Yaya is that he's able to carry the ball and surge forward like an 18 wheeler. Watch him on YouTube and you see him burst forward with great ball control and shrug off 2-3 players in the process. 

If I had to compare him to a premier league player, I think he's closer to Wanyama with a slightly better touch. Yaya has an amazing technique for someone with his body.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

Not that I agree with the comparison but when Yaya was at Barca he was very similar in playing style to Bakayoko.

6 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I don't see how that can be considered a bad thing. If we can duplicate Kante imagine the amount of ground we can cover? not to mention the freedom it will give our creative players.

Sure, but there is more to it than running a lot. I'm just concerned that if we rely on a single player for creativity, say Fabregas, he can be easily stopped by tight marking. I just wish we had more al rounders to be honest.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

We haven't had a problem breaking team's down with Kante and Matic. Unlike 2014 that's not the area we need to improve on.

Precisely my point: I'm not sure Baka adds enough in attack to be a vast improvement over matic. Europe is a very different ballgame though... 

16 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Sure, but there is more to it than running a lot. I'm just concerned that if we rely on a single player for creativity, say Fabregas, he can be easily stopped by tight marking. I just wish we had more al rounders to be honest.

I don't think we are playing through the middle of the pitch anymore. Our creativity is coming from the wide areas, so the need for a playmaker through the middle is lessened

14 hours ago, Special Juan said:

The club cannot wait forever for players to reach a level, if they don't, we simply have to buy.

The majority of the fan base are impatient regrading lack of signings as it is, cannot have it both ways, the young lads have to step up and quick sharp.

I think there is a point where you simply have to give chances and stick with youngsters for a while. It is how young players are integrated into the first team in first teams all over the world. This "young lads have to step up and quick" mentality is only at Chelsea and few other clubs 

4 hours ago, Strike said:

I think there is a point where you simply have to give chances and stick with youngsters for a while. It is how young players are integrated into the first team in first teams all over the world. This "young lads have to step up and quick" mentality is only at Chelsea and few other clubs 

Chelsea,Real Madrid and other big clubs there objective is to win trophies every season they just cannot stick with a youngster for a while and hope he will turn out to be good the youngsters have to step up quickly.

6 hours ago, Robguima said:

Precisely my point: I'm not sure Baka adds enough in attack to be a vast improvement over matic. Europe is a very different ballgame though... 

He very much does, his runs to wipe players out of the game is a hugely underrated asset. 

8 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

Chelsea,Real Madrid and other big clubs there objective is to win trophies every season they just cannot stick with a youngster for a while and hope he will turn out to be good the youngsters have to step up quickly.

Real Madrid is not the only blueprint for success. Barca, Bayern?

When you say step up quickly, you mean play on the level of Courtois, Zouma, Hazard, at that age because those are the young players who got a lengthy run in the team. What if the club had shown patience with Bertrand, Sturridge, KDB, Romeu,  Matic, Lukaku?

The chopping and changing of managers didn't help but now that Conte is starting his second season at the club, I think it is time to start integrating young players. Chelsea have one of the best youth setups but somewhere along the way there is a communication gap. I keep reading Ake, Christensen are talking to Emenalo and not Conte. That tells me there is no long term plan to take the young players up to the first team squad 

I feel Conte should just be given full control over this matter and this season we should see Ake, Christensen, Chalobah, Baker added to the squad.