test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Tiemoué Bakayoko

Started by the wes,

1,065 posts in this topic

Already seeing people around Twitter and other places comparing him to Yaya Toure. Just because he's big, strong, black, and a midfielder doesn't mean he's comparable in terms of his actual game. Prime Yaya was totally unique. Had all the physical tools to dominate yet could also score 20 goals in a season. Bakayoko isn't a goal threat at all right now.

The main thing he does do similarly to Yaya is that he's able to carry the ball and surge forward like an 18 wheeler. Watch him on YouTube and you see him burst forward with great ball control and shrug off 2-3 players in the process. 

Fernando and Chelsea? like this

Well, this is inevitable, people judgment is based on the fist thing they saw, and that happens to be the resemblance with famous players.

Just like lukaku to Drogba and Piazon to Kaka.

But this misconception doesn't prevent us from getting quality players, i do believe that bakayako will be a great addition to the team.

My only concern is his tendency to randomly pass forward when he is about to get dispossessed, but i also believe in conte to improve this aspect.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Already seeing people around Twitter and other places comparing him to Yaya Toure. Just because he's big, strong, black, and a midfielder doesn't mean he's comparable in terms of his actual game. Prime Yaya was totally unique. Had all the physical tools to dominate yet could also score 20 goals in a season. Bakayoko isn't a goal threat at all right now.

The main thing he does do similarly to Yaya is that he's able to carry the ball and surge forward like an 18 wheeler. Watch him on YouTube and you see him burst forward with great ball control and shrug off 2-3 players in the process. 

If I had to compare him to a premier league player, I think he's closer to Wanyama with a slightly better touch. Yaya has an amazing technique for someone with his body.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

Not that I agree with the comparison but when Yaya was at Barca he was very similar in playing style to Bakayoko.

6 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I don't see how that can be considered a bad thing. If we can duplicate Kante imagine the amount of ground we can cover? not to mention the freedom it will give our creative players.

Sure, but there is more to it than running a lot. I'm just concerned that if we rely on a single player for creativity, say Fabregas, he can be easily stopped by tight marking. I just wish we had more al rounders to be honest.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

We haven't had a problem breaking team's down with Kante and Matic. Unlike 2014 that's not the area we need to improve on.

Precisely my point: I'm not sure Baka adds enough in attack to be a vast improvement over matic. Europe is a very different ballgame though... 

16 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Sure, but there is more to it than running a lot. I'm just concerned that if we rely on a single player for creativity, say Fabregas, he can be easily stopped by tight marking. I just wish we had more al rounders to be honest.

I don't think we are playing through the middle of the pitch anymore. Our creativity is coming from the wide areas, so the need for a playmaker through the middle is lessened

kellzfresh likes this

14 hours ago, Special Juan said:

The club cannot wait forever for players to reach a level, if they don't, we simply have to buy.

The majority of the fan base are impatient regrading lack of signings as it is, cannot have it both ways, the young lads have to step up and quick sharp.

I think there is a point where you simply have to give chances and stick with youngsters for a while. It is how young players are integrated into the first team in first teams all over the world. This "young lads have to step up and quick" mentality is only at Chelsea and few other clubs 

4 hours ago, Strike said:

I think there is a point where you simply have to give chances and stick with youngsters for a while. It is how young players are integrated into the first team in first teams all over the world. This "young lads have to step up and quick" mentality is only at Chelsea and few other clubs 

Chelsea,Real Madrid and other big clubs there objective is to win trophies every season they just cannot stick with a youngster for a while and hope he will turn out to be good the youngsters have to step up quickly.

OhForAGreavsie and BluesMadLad like this

8 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

Chelsea,Real Madrid and other big clubs there objective is to win trophies every season they just cannot stick with a youngster for a while and hope he will turn out to be good the youngsters have to step up quickly.

Real Madrid is not the only blueprint for success. Barca, Bayern?

When you say step up quickly, you mean play on the level of Courtois, Zouma, Hazard, at that age because those are the young players who got a lengthy run in the team. What if the club had shown patience with Bertrand, Sturridge, KDB, Romeu,  Matic, Lukaku?

The chopping and changing of managers didn't help but now that Conte is starting his second season at the club, I think it is time to start integrating young players. Chelsea have one of the best youth setups but somewhere along the way there is a communication gap. I keep reading Ake, Christensen are talking to Emenalo and not Conte. That tells me there is no long term plan to take the young players up to the first team squad 

I feel Conte should just be given full control over this matter and this season we should see Ake, Christensen, Chalobah, Baker added to the squad. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Real Madrid is not the only blueprint for success. Barca, Bayern?

When you say step up quickly, you mean play on the level of Courtois, Zouma, Hazard, at that age because those are the young players who got a lengthy run in the team. What if the club had shown patience with Bertrand, Sturridge, KDB, Romeu,  Matic, Lukaku?

The chopping and changing of managers didn't help but now that Conte is starting his second season at the club, I think it is time to start integrating young players. Chelsea have one of the best youth setups but somewhere along the way there is a communication gap. I keep reading Ake, Christensen are talking to Emenalo and not Conte. That tells me there is no long term plan to take the young players up to the first team squad 

I feel Conte should just be given full control over this matter and this season we should see Ake, Christensen, Chalobah, Baker added to the squad. 

Lukaku,Bertand,KDB didn't make it because of Mourinho and the second of all there stop overrating our youth players there are not that good there at least 5 better academies that ours and there is maybe one or two players who are good right now good enought to play for us (Christensen,Chalobah) the rest is nowhere near.

2 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

and the second of all there stop overrating our youth players there are not that good there at least 5 better academies that ours

I highly doubt that. Our youth teams is able to beat any otheer youth team in the world. It has a reason why our youth team wins also international cups.

We just do not give our youth a fair chance. Christensen is good enough,so is Ake,but we will not give them any chance due to the fact that we always have coaches that do not trust in youth.Coaches like Simeone or Pocchetino are different in that regard

Just now, killer1257 said:

I highly doubt that. Our youth teams is able to beat any otheer youth team in the world. It has a reason why our youth team wins also international cups.

We just do not give our youth a fair chance. Christensen is good enough,so is Ake,but we will not give them any chance due to the fact that we always have coaches that do not trust in youth.Coaches like Simeone or Pocchetino are different in that regard

The youth winning trophies means nothing. Barcelona,Monaco,Ajax,PSV,Anderlecht etc are all better.

Just now, Chelsea4 said:

The youth winning trophies means nothing. Barcelona,Monaco,Ajax,PSV,Anderlecht etc are all better.

It has been some time since Barcelona produced one wonderkid,right?The other teams just give their prospects chances, so they can develop into great players.

We do not give our players that kind of environment.

It has been some time since Barcelona produced one wonderkid,right?The other teams just give their prospects chances, so they can develop into great players.

We do not give our players that kind of environment.

"We do not give our players that kind of environment" because we have to win trophies every season. Just like Real,Bayern,Juventus and other big clubs. We are not like BVB or Ajax were you don't have to win trophies every season.

Just now, Chelsea4 said:

"We do not give our players that kind of environment" because we have to win trophies every season. Just like Real,Bayern,Juventus and other big clubs. We are not like BVB or Ajax were you don't have to win trophies every season.

In that point,I agree with you,but it doesn´t mean that our youth academy sucks. I watched a lot of youth team football over the years. Most of the time,I watched Chelsea and Barcelona youth games, but our youth is as good as theirs. Juventus and Bayern do not have the right quality in their youth teams and Bayern is heavily criticized for that . They just do not invest enough in their team and I think the same can be applied to Juventus. Real has quite the good youth academy though

In that point,I agree with you,but it doesn´t mean that our youth academy sucks. I watched a lot of youth team football over the years. Most of the time,I watched Chelsea and Barcelona youth games, but our youth is as good as theirs. Juventus and Bayern do not have the right quality in their youth teams and Bayern is heavily criticized for that . They just do not invest enough in their team and I think the same can be applied to Juventus. Real has quite the good youth academy though

I never said that our academy sucks but that it's not that good as people think.