Andrei Arshavin

the wes

Russian journalist Stefan Chaushyan says that Zenit St Petersburg playmaker Andrei Arshavin has agreed personal terms with Chelsea and will sign for the club this week. (BBC Radio 5 Live 2100 BST)

looks like lampard is going to inter lads

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone made a valid point on another forum about Arshavin.

He had a fantastic few games against Sweden and the Dutch who both came out and played football. That allowed him to make hs runs and take control of the game. When he came up against the Spanish who were more organised defensively he went missing.

He's 27 and only really hitting the headlines now. Where has he been for the past decade ?

If he were to come for us I fear he would go missing as he did against Spain. Very few, if any teams come out at us and have a go, giving us the opportunity to play the game the way we want. He would be playing against well drilled defences week in week out. Is he a player worth taking a risk on after a few good games in a tournament?

Baros and Poborsky are two examples of players who have a good tournament, get the big move and flop big time.

I've heard of almost every club in the EPL and la Liga linked with him. I don't want him, we have four midfielders that could start in a 4-3-3 system (assuming Felipe keeps it that way) and on top of that I'd rather we go after Robinho.

Have to concur with 90% of you. I don't want him, as already pointed out, where the fuck was he in the ten years when he was 17 - 27 ? No one had even heard of him. Our midfield is stacked out with quality players, so buying a puppet for Roman just isn't worth the £12 million imo.

Not someone who i would have thought we would sign. If these reports today are true it looks like it will happen though. Obviously everyone is going to assume it will mean Lampard is 100% off but it doesn't nessesarily mean that, we could accomodate everyone in our squad playing with 3 in the middle.

............Essien/Mikel............Lampard/Ballack............

.........................Deco/Arshavin................................

Like i said it possible but highly problematic. Everyone will want to play every game and that is a midfield full of first team regulars every week, could everyone be kept happy enough? Only Scolari knows if he could do that.

Conflicting reports on this throughout the media today. Some reports saying a fee is agreed and he is on his way to London, others that Chelsea "could" be a possibility. Others that he is going to Barca!!!

Well i am sure we will find out soon enough, our transfer movements are really gearing up now.

That artcile ^ doesn't say that at all. It says that Chelsea will sign one Russian player out of Akinyeev, Zhirkov, Arshavin and Pavluychenko.

Edit:

Had a look around that website and found this, which I guess is the link you were meant to post: http://www.tden.ru/articles/sport/032436/

Which translates too:

Abramovich buys [Arshavina] Within the next few days Andrey departs into London in order to pass medical examination and to sign contract with “Chelsea” “Your DAY” became known that the owner of London “Chelsea” Roman Abramovich was determined with the name of the Russian, whom he wants to see in the composition of his club. It became yesterday known that the elected official of Russian oligarch became the super-forward of St. Petersburg “zenith” Andrey [Arshavin]. The brightest football player team Russia on the Euros -2008 within the next few days departs into London. - Recently Andrey coordinated all components of personal contract with the London club, described to us source. - Soon clubs will sign all necessary for the completion transactions of paper. Andrey departs into London, where medical examination will pass and its signature under the contract will be placed. Money Now “aristocrats” exactly prepare the necessary documents in order to send official demand into the office of St. Petersburg command. Problems with obtaining of permission on work in the United Kingdom in 27-year [Arshavina] it will not arise - football player has already long ago spoken in favor of Russian team. According to our information, by [selektsionerami] “of Chelsea” Of [arshavin] it is evaluated approximately into ten million of pounds sterling (about 20 million dollars). Possibly, “zenith” will obtain from [londontsev] additional [bonusy] for sale of player. Interest “Chelsea” very actively appears on the summer transfer market. Besides the acquisition Of [arshavina], are prepared still several loud transactions. Let us recall that on this week the London club already acquired the pet of trainer the sounding board, with which the head coach Louis [Felipe] [skolari] worked in the Portuguese team. However, [Arshavin] is necessary for Abramovich for increasing the popularity of club in Russia. It is completely probable that by one player team Russia, which into entire voice stated about itself on the championship of Europe, oligarch will not limit. In the sphere of the interests “of Chelsea” burn also Yuri [Zhirkov], Igor [Akinfeev] and Roman Pavlyuchenko

On a Croatian tv last night,it was a report that Lampard left Chelsea.I checked every major site and its bollocks.

Arshavin is class,if he can play that well in a solid team like Russia,he will do very well in a great team like Chelsea.

On a Croatian tv last night,it was a report that Lampard left Chelsea.I checked every major site and its bollocks.

Arshavin is class,if he can play that well in a solid team like Russia,he will do very well in a great team like Chelsea.

Both the Lampard and Arshavin story are at the moment just complete speculation. To sign another "older" high profile midfielder would indeed be a strange one to do, but like i have said it is workable....

Not someone who i would have thought we would sign. If these reports today are true it looks like it will happen though. Obviously everyone is going to assume it will mean Lampard is 100% off but it doesn't nessesarily mean that, we could accomodate everyone in our squad playing with 3 in the middle.

............Essien/Mikel............Lampard/Ballack............

.........................Deco/Arshavin................................

Like i said it possible but highly problematic. Everyone will want to play every game and that is a midfield full of first team regulars every week, could everyone be kept happy enough? Only Scolari knows if he could do that.

Arshavin can play on wings and as a Second striker

I'd prefer to keep Lamps, he's awesome and has proven what he can do! Wouldn't mind Arshavin but can't have too many players for the one position! Hows he going to fit, Lamps, Ess, Ballack, Mikel, Deco, Arshavin, all in?

Even Maka is still about!

Robinho? Get A Russian!

Chelsea F.C. owner Roman Abramovich has told Luiz Felipe Scolari he wants at least one compatriot of his at Stamford Bridge.

177_thumb.jpggalleria zoom
  • 26387_thumb.jpg
  • 26413_thumb.jpg
  • 26362_thumb.jpg
According to BBC, the Russian billionaire is eager to bring in another player he himself likes after watching the signing of Andriy Shevchenko becoming one of Premier League's biggest transfer flops.

While Big Phil is understood be interested in signing Real Madrid ace Robinho, Abramovich has reportedly told the former Portugal boss he will have to include a player from Russia in his squad plans.

Zenit Petersburg in-demand Andrey Arshavin and CSKA Moscow duo Igor Akinfeev and Yuri Zhirkov are all likely options to move to the London-based club.

Despite being reluctant to part with Arshavin, Zenit are willing to do business for the Euro 2008 star and Abramovich is definitely ready to open his chequebook to lure the 27-year-old, who is a summer target for Barcelona.

Goal.com

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You