Saido Berahino

BlueLyon

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I think we should sign him but I can't help but chuckle at the "we should prioritise our own youth first" line.

Imagine if we decided to decline Frank Lampard to focus on Jody Morris or not sign Joe Cole because Anthony Grant was coming through the ranks? Just saying.

Not that I think we should sign him but I can't help but chuckle at the "we should prioritise our own youth first" line.

Imagine if we decided to decline Frank Lampard to focus on Jody Morris or not sign Joe Cole because Anthony Grant was coming through the ranks? Just saying.

Agree, as much as I want to see our young player from academy break through to first team squad, I think it is too 'early' to realize it.

A lot of factor come into consideration, one of it, is because we're playing in a highest level possible competitions. The standard are very high, that a young player with only a good talent will not be enough to make it, without experiences and regular playing time. Yes, we could loan them, but sometimes it is not working as we expected.

I don't have to explain why other mid and small teams could produce some great young players. It is of course because they have enough talent and could developed well, because they are given a lot of playing times.

What I want to say, if we have something to do as our priority first, is that to fulfill HG quota. If necessary and if available we should sign a young HG player, who is ready imo. For example like this Berahino. If available, we should go for it.

• 11 months later...
Chelsea transfer news: West Brom's £20m Saido Berahino added to Stamford Bridge transfer targets

Exclusive: England U21 striker on Chelsea shortlist as January replacement for Radamel Falcao and has advantage of home-grown status

Chelsea transfer news: West Brom's £20m Saido Berahino added to Stamford Bridge transfer targets
Exclusive: England U21 striker on Chelsea shortlist as January replacement for Radamel Falcao and has advantage of home-grown status

Just the striker to create competition and elevate us to the next level. Excellent.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, chrismada9 said:

When you think about it, it's pretty much the type of player we end up getting!

Thats the thing -we could get him, and say he scores five in five, and then  Real or someone come sniffing. The next thing hes on his agents instructions to go slow

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You