Scott Sinclair

PaulHopkins

From Daily Mirror:

Chelsea starlet Scott Sinclair is set to sign for Alan Pardew's promotion-chasing Charlton in a loan deal for the rest of the season.

The exciting left-wing prospect will be allowed out by Avram Grant to get first-team experience after flirting with the quadruple-chasing squad recently.

Sinclair - just back from a loan spell at QPR - is being pushed towards Charlton by his advisers despite rival interest from Leicester City and Burnley.

The teenage talent would be a major asset for Pardew in his bid to bounce back to the Premier League and Sinclair may also be keen to stay in the London area.

//'); //]]>It will be a blow to Leicester chief Ian Holloway, who wanted to take Sinclair after having him in a successful stint at Plymouth last season.And Burnley chief Owen Coyle has also asked for Sinclair, whose wing trickery could have been the missing link in his play-off chasing plans.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo we should keep him and give him alot more chances than hes gotten so far

I'm not sure if he will get much of a chance with Joe Cole, Malouda and Wright-Phillips all fit and with the option of playing Kalou on the left. Maybe this loan spell could do him good for next season. He's playing well this evening almost scored a stunning goal on the stroke of half time but it was well saved.

imo we should keep him and give him alot more chances than hes gotten so far

He's not proven himself good enough in the games we have played him in to deserve a go in a league game for me. Huddersfield game then send him out.

Leicester City have been told they are not good enough to sign teenage Chelsea winger Scott Sinclair on loan.

Foxes boss Ian Holloway was eager to bring the 18-year-old to the Walkers Stadium and thought he was on the verge of getting his man.

But Holloway told BBC Radio Leicester: "We have now been told we can't have him. Chelsea do not want to let him go to a team that's where we are.

"There's one struck off that we had half-planned and half-promised."

Sinclair is back at Stamford Bridge after a loan spell at QPR but has fallen down the pecking order following Florent Malouda's return to fitness.

_44404506_scottsinclair_getty203.jpg

Holloway thought he had a good chance of landing the England youth international but has been told they want him to play for a side near the top of the Championship table.

He added: "If they do loan him out they want to loan him to a club with a chance of getting in the play-offs because they want him to experience that."

Holloway was also previously manager of Bristol Rovers, from whom Sinclair joined the Premier League giants in July 2005.

Source: BBC

I think thats pretty wise from Chelsea. He should either be at a top Championship club, or a bottom/midtable Premiership side (excluding Derby).

I think someone like Sunderland/Birmingham/Wigan etc.

He needs to get regular games though, it looks like it could be Charlton after the weekend which would be good for him. If he can do well there over a period of time it will put him in good stead for next season.

I think he's good enough for Wigan/Sunderland/Birmingham Esk.

I thought he was very good in the Carling Cup vs the Scousers, and perhaps was unlucky to be taken off when he was.

I agree, but it will be harder for him at a prem club! I like his style, it's what i like to see from a winger, running at defenders with pace and trying to beat his man. Would rather see that than the slow short passing approach......

He needs games now, he has had some good games for us this season and last and a good couple of loan spells. After Saturday a good run of games till the end of the season at a team chasing promotion would do him the world of good.

Charlton would be a pretty good club as they have a decent set up there to be fair.

I know absolutely nothing about Charlton at the moment, so i have no idea what his competition would be for a place, but i am sure he is good enough to be a regular there...

• 2 weeks later...

Charlton set to win battle for Chelsea's Sinclair

tribalfooball.com - February 25, 2008

Charlton Athletic boss Alan Pardew hopes to sign Chelsea striker Scott Sinclair on-loan today.

Sinclair has been wanted by Charlton for weeks, even though Pardew already has three wingers on the left side, and his advisers are keen for him to stay in London, says the Mirror.

Table-topping Stoke have also been in for Sinclair but could not guarantee him regular football, while Burnley chief Owen Coyle inquired about the teenager, who he believes would be just what the Clarets need to reach the Premier League.

Chelsea will officially announce Sinclair's destination today after his fate was discussed over the weekend, but insiders say Charlton have won the vote.

205_b.jpgThe day after we were crying outfor a bit of pace and natural skill in a Wembley final, salt appears tobe ready to be rubbed into our wounds.

Scott Sinclair, ourexciting teenage winger, is about to be off-loaded on loan to CharltonAthletic. It appears that Alan Pardew has beaten off late interest fromStoke City and Burnley to take Scott on loan.

Also, in a greatpiece of managerial acumen, Pardew has worked out that if he takesSinclair on loan now, the winger, if he stays the maximum 93 days allowed, will be eligible for the Championship play-offs.

Itis though that those at Chelsea who reach a decision on these mattersgave the green light to loan Scott out over the weekend.

Good luck Scotty from all at Vital Chelsea! Edited by love cfc