Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsen Partnership

Shane

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry and Bergkamp took time to get it right where-as Jimmy and Eidur clicked striaght away, it had to be something special to keep Zola on the bench.

Those 2 (along with Cudicini) really saved our ass in 01/02, the rest were pretty average even Zola has his worse season with us (despite scoring one of the goals of the decade). What i loved the most about these 2 is they even when they were playing there bad games they were still sweating blood and tears for the cause which is more than can be said for Malouda and Anelka.

Henry, Bergkamp and Yorke, Cole had dream service Jimmy and Eidur that season had off form midfielders behind them and there goal tally in 01/02 combined stood up to both there best goal returns. That is to me why they were the best partnership and still aint been surpased..

Sturridge is going to be huge next season. He knows how to find the net. If Hiddink is indeed our next manager, he will be the right sort of person to give him a lot of encouragement, and I hope he can work well with Torres, as Eidur did all those years ago with JFH.

Got high hopes of a Fernando and Danny partnership but while they mayor may not finish there Chelsea career as (statistically) better players than Jimmy and EIdur i cant see them being a better partnership its true what Jimmy said there will not be a better one for a long long time.

The best strike partnership was probably Yorke n Cole anyway but i loved the Eidur/Jimmy one, when 4-4-2 actually worked for us. 2 totally different players but worked together so well and scored so many goals together from each others assists.

We really need another partnership like that. Torres & Lukaku? Would be weird lol.

• 5 weeks later...

When you think about Jimmy & Eidur, it makes Drogba & Anelka pale in comparison. Argubly Drogba & Anelka had more talent than Jimmy & Eidur, but look at the results. You can't beat Jimmy & Eidur. Wish Tinkerman thought about that vs. Monaco. I don't believe he paired the two together in that tie. Somebody please interject if I am incorrect in that last thought. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sad to see Gudjohnsen at these smallers teams, i know his career has been over at the top level for years, but chelsea/barca in his prime to stoke bench is just not a way to go for a quality striker.

Met the man when i was younger in the Chelsea hotel, signed an autograph and was sound as, me dad gave him a slagging because Eidur "looked bigger on the tv" my dad being at least 2 inches taller and wider then him and he took it in his stride, great guy. One of my 1st proper Hero's i'd say after Zola and Di matteo.