Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

WILLIAN TO BE UNVEILED AS CHELSEA PLAYER IN THE NEXT 48 HOURS

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-willian-shun-spurs-chelsea-082748380.html

(Sorry if someone else posted it, I just returned home)

Think such news should be treated as rubbish after hearing countless of times about 'Cavani will be a Chelsea player in the next 48 hours' previously and it didn't even happen! Of course, we do look like getting Willian already as opposed to Cavani back then but let's just wait patiently. Will be made official sooner or later anyway.

Yeah, but now Rooney wants out.

TBF, Rooney has made noise about wanting to leave before already. Even though he has used that as a threat to get a better contract at United, he has hardly ever looked happy there in recent years and always seem to get into 'fights' with Fergie. He has always been on the edge of leaving OT.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOOOL, people are ridiculous for not believing in this transfer? :lol2:

Manchester City had to let go of 2 of their 4 strikers, one haing his shirts burned by fans and the other almost fighting Mancini, and you say it did no harm to them?

About ManUtd, comparing RVP with Willian is the most unintelligent thing on Earth. They only had one great CF in Rooney and the rest was no more than average to good (Berbarov, Hernandez and Wellbeck), so it made a lot of sense to buy another striker. They payed less than what we are paying, but they bought a vastly more experienced player with a proved background in the EPL. Even though: they had to sell Berbatov, give Chichiarito no game time and made Rooney the most unhappiest superstar in football!

So tell me, what do you expect to happen with our 7 options for 3 starting spots? Dont tell me you are 100% sure Mata is safe...

EDIT: Peace, I quoted you because my quote to Cech actually fits with what I would answer you...

Yeah mate. having 4 strikers sure didn't help Man city and United battle for the PL alone for more than half of the season...

Oscar/De Bruyne are versatile and can occupy center midfield. we play 60 games a season. last year we were playing 2 times a week for more than half of the season. we had to play Luiz in CM and Bertrand/Ramires as a left/right wingers ffs...

We're building squad depth here. you really think we would sell our best player/fans favorite Mata? based on what? newsflash mate: we're not a selling club.

The team comes before any players little heart gets hurt for not playing. deal with it.

Yeah mate. having 4 strikers sure didn't help Man city and United battle for the PL alone for more than half of the season...

Oscar/De Bruyne are versatile and can occupy center midfield. we play 60 games a season. last year we were playing 2 times a week for more than half of the season. we had to play Luiz in CM and Bertrand/Ramires as a left/right wingers ffs...

We're building squad depth here. you really think we would sell our best player/fans favorite Mata? based on what? newsflash mate: we're not a selling club.

The team comes before any players little heart gets hurt for not playing. deal with it.

Yes, and that is why we bought Schurrle and brought KDB back, to have depth and compete on a high level!

50-60 games is not even that much, Brazilian teams usually play 80 games per year and they cope with a lot less quality and options. Dont make it as if this was the end of the world...

30 million on another attacking player is a luxury we didnt need (what we had was enough to competitively fight for trophies). Not that Willian wont add quality and balance things out. It is just that we have bigger holes in our squad that could have taken advantage of those 30mi much wiser than on a RW that is still a bit of a gamble.

Dont try to play the victim and act like you are trying to view what is best for the team and I am not trying to defend what is best for Chelsea. I am as much of a fan than anyone is, so shut up!

People can have different views and still want the same result, what is best for CFC...

You can't make a post comparing two situations and then say "I'm not making comparisons"! :P

"I am not drawing comparisons between the two players and their abilities/capacities [...]"

I solely point out some similarities in regard of one aspect of the deal(s). The comparisons end there. The sole parallel between both players is their role in both stories — not regarding their abilities or capacities.

I don't like this signing. Yes Willian will give us another option on the right but do we really need it. Paying 30 m for upgrade on squad player is just crazy.

Will this signing make us better compare to city/united/bayern/Madrid? I highly doubt it

Only to buy 2 more.

Don't know why people keep on thinking Jovetic is a striker. He's not. He's more of a player that operates out wide on the LW and coming inside or plays behind the ST. Jovetic is not an out-and-out striker like Dzeko, Aguero and Negredo are at City.

Only to buy 2 more.

Yes, 2 more that will not be as expensive and demand that much attention nor have big egos, because City learned their lesson!!!

Negredo knows he is a backup and Jovetic is actually very versatile and young...

Don't know why people keep on thinking Jovetic is a striker. He's not. He's more of a player that operates out wide on the LW and coming inside or plays behind the ST. Jovetic is not an out-and-out striker like Dzeko, Aguero and Negredo are at City.

Because he's a striker, he played every game as that last season with Fiorentina. Man city play 2 strikers, he will have the 'creator' role whenever he plays with Aguero, Dzeko or Negredo. Just like Tevez, literally no difference.

Yes, 2 more that will not be as expensive and demand that much attention nor have big egos, because City learned their lesson!!!

Negredo knows he is a backup and Jovetic is actually very versatile and young...

So they spent 23m on Negredo, a backup, so how exactly is that different from Willian? who will actually start.

At most we will play 60 games if we reach the finals of all competitions which we all know is rather unrealistic

I think Oscar could be doomed. I know Chelsea football club.... when Chelsea sign a player for 30 million they make sure he gets games no matter how bad he is. Mata and Hazard are on a another planet the only player who I can see being replaced is Oscar....

If we are goin to go around spending 30 million for fun why dont we buy a striker like Martinez or an actual defensive mid like Kondogbia, Pogba or even a defender like Mangala all areas which we need improvement and we suffered from last season this area was not our problem at all it was our strong point actually. Also the guy is 25 years and not getting any younger which is a move away from our new policy of recruiting young. lets say we just wanted to troll spurs why did we not move for Lamela instead who is younger and cheaper?? We could have even offered Demba Ba as a sweetener to the deal

Because he's a striker, he played every game as that last season with Fiorentina. Man city play 2 strikers, he will have the 'creator' role whenever he plays with Aguero, Dzeko or Negredo. Just like Tevez, literally no difference.

Not sure if you have actually watched him closely or just going by classification. Like you alluded to there, he's a creator and not a striker, not like Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo or even Tevez. And that's because Tevez is a striker to begin with and one that can score the goals as well as create.

So they spent 23m on Negredo, a backup, so how exactly is that different from Willian? who will actually start.

How can you not see the difference?

They actually needed another option, even if they overpayed for it. They didnt already had four options for 2 spots and bought a fifth one...

We had a very nice set of attacking players, one that could have cery well taken us to the top of the league. Now, we had 7 players for 3 spots!

My problem is not even Willian, price, time, etc. My problem is the fact we spent the whole season saying how weak our pivot and strike force were and how badly we needed an upgrade, but Chelsea allowed every little option on the market in those positions to pass in front of us. Then, on top of that, we invested 18mi on Schurrle and brought back KDB for what? To have to spend another 30mi on Willian?

I do think Willian will make us better, that is not what I am questioning. I am tackling other things. It is the same when we discussed over Brazil doing the World Cup, I dont think the event itself is a bad thing, but there should be priorities and the right time to do or invest in certain areas.

Anyways, I am tired of discussing, I already expressed all of my opinions and concerns. All I can do now is wait for us to announce him, laugh at Spuds, hope Mourinho is doing it right and that the lack of a proper DM or ST dont end with our season. :)

"I am not drawing comparisons between the two players and their abilities/capacities [...]"

I solely point out some similarities in regard of one aspect of the deal(s). The comparisons end there. The sole parallel between both players is their role in both stories — not regarding their abilities or capacities.

I know, I know, I was just teasing you :P

Not sure if you have actually watched him closely or just going by classification. Like you alluded to there, he's a creator and not a striker, not like Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo or even Tevez. And that's because Tevez is a striker to begin with and one that can score the goals as well as create.

Jovetic is a striker. The type Mourinho was talking about, that can play between the lines. He scores goals and creates, like Tevez or Rooney.

How can you not see the difference?

They actually needed another option, even if they overpayed for it. They didnt already had four options for 2 spots and bought a fifth one...

My problem is not even Willian, price, time, etc. My problem is the fact I (and everyone) spent the whole season saying how weak our pivot and strike force were and how badly we needed an upgrade, but Chelsea let every little option on the market pass in fron of us. Then, on top of that, we invested 18mi on Schurrle and brought back KDB for what? To have to spend another 30mi on Willian?

I do think Willian will make us better, that is not what I am questioning. It is the same when we discussed over Brazil doing the World Cup, not that the event itself is a bad thing; but there should be priorities and right time to do or invest in certain issues.

Anyways, I am tired of discussing, I already expressed all my opinions and concerns. All I can do now is wait for us to announce him, laugh at Spuds and hope Mourinho is doing it right and the lack of a proper DM or ST dont end with our season. :)

We bought MVG for 9m, he needs time to get settled, but i believe Pat Nevin it was who said, he will be starting every game in 2 months time. And Mourinho has repeatedly said we will buy a striker, so no need to worry.