Firing blanks in the last seven games

Another game , we won , El nino didn't score !!! that is 7 games now without scoring !!!

he must have lost it , he is not the same player he once was ... but wait a second , if the problem is Torres , doesn't that mean that if another striker replaces him , he will score ?

Drogba and anelka started against the weakest opposition we have faced lately (copenhagen) at the stamford bridge and they didn't score , and no one can say anelka and Drogba aren't good enough to score against copenhagen a home .

as a matter of fact , in our last 8 games , all of our fowards were used (Torres - Drogba - Anelka - Kalou ) , between all of them combined they were only able to score in one game ( Anelka vs Copenhagen ) . other than this game and during the other 7 games they have all failed to score , i guess Torres is not the problem then .

the problem is obviously the lack of service for those strikers , with ramires a very defensive minded winger , Malouda being completely poor , Zhirkov still not raising to expectations and Lamps being not in form . our strikers will keep suffering .

i won't judge torres until he gets the service he needs .

also i think kalou showed that he is the best shadow striker we have , and carlo has already showed some balls yesterday by benching both anelka and Drogba but can he do that again ?? i hope so .

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

Agreed. It is why we miss Yossi and Yury. Yury should be in better form by next month, but Yossi will come to late.

This is an area we need to strengthen in the summer.

Want an alarming stat? I'd like to know how many goals have our forwards scored from open play since November. I'm sure that would bad even by Liverpool standards.

I wonder if it is not Kalou who has the more scored from open play :lol:

Recently it doesnt matter because we have won games.

Would you rather Torres scored in all 3 United, Blackpool, City games and we picked up 4 points instead of 9? that was the reason he left Liverpool.

Were winning recently so i dont care where the goals from aslong as they do.

Another game , we won , El nino didn't score !!! that is 7 games now without scoring !!!

he must have lost it , he is not the same player he once was ... but wait a second , if the problem is Torres , doesn't that mean that if another striker replaces him , he will score ?

Drogba and anelka started against the weakest opposition we have faced lately (copenhagen) at the stamford bridge and they didn't score , and no one can say anelka and Drogba aren't good enough to score against copenhagen a home .

as a matter of fact , in our last 8 games , all of our fowards were used (Torres - Drogba - Anelka - Kalou ) , between all of them combined they were only able to score in one game ( Anelka vs Copenhagen ) . other than this game and during the other 7 games they have all failed to score , i guess Torres is not the problem then .

the problem is obviously the lack of service for those strikers , with ramires a very defensive minded winger , Malouda being completely poor , Zhirkov still not raising to expectations and Lamps being not in form . our strikers will keep suffering .

i won't judge torres until he gets the service he needs .

also i think kalou showed that he is the best shadow striker we have , and carlo has already showed some balls yesterday by benching both anelka and Drogba but can he do that again ?? i hope so .

Maybe you gotta point there, and then again... Some say so long we score and win there is no problem for the team, but strikers like Torres and Drogba etc. needs goal. In my point of view the problem is the understanding of each others, and lack of communication and at some point missing speed up front. There is also at lots of psychology in the buying of Torres. So still it may be to easy to blame the lack of services to them?. I think Its never gonna click between those 3, (not Kalou) and by buying him the statement is clear for the future..

Maybe you gotta point there, and then again... Some say so long we score and win there is no problem for the team, but strikers like Torres and Drogba etc. needs goal. In my point of view the problem is the understanding of each others, and lack of communication and at some point missing speed up front. There is also at lots of psychology in the buying of Torres. So still it may be to easy to blame the lack of services to them?. I think Its never gonna click between those 3, (not Kalou) and by buying him the statement is clear for the future..

To be fair to Torres it is not 7 games, add up all his minutes on the pitch and it will amount to 5 at most.......the problem here is Malouda, he will not score while that guy is in the team....

To be fair to Torres it is not 7 games, add up all his minutes on the pitch and it will amount to 5 at most.......the problem here is Malouda, he will not score while that guy is in the team....

Malouda is a problem, but its still to easy to say he wont score before he is gone. In Liverpool the team was build around serving him in front, this is not the case in Chelsea, well at least not yet!.

Here everybody tries to score and almost everybody can!. I think he has to be more egoistic if he wants to score soon. And still its like he misses those 5 % speed in critical moments, remember

him in 2008 EM final where he overrun Lahm ( yeah Lahm) and scored the final goal, thats the Torres we all wants to see again.