Chelsea Vs Tottenham

BlueLion.

I'm still of the idea that results we're getting are in spite of having Grant, and a big cardboard cut out of Mourinho would have the edge.

Lets certainly hope so, we could certainly do with him. I would think at the moment with Lampard and Ballack playing and no-one to play the holding role we are likely to play 4-4-2 until Maka becomes fit....

It would be a disaster though to rush lamps back and to aggrevate the injury and have him out for longer.

Also Cech back in training today, could be too soon for Saturday though.

Petr Cech has admitted he attempted to come back too soon from injury when he played for Chelsea in the epic 4-4 draw against Aston Villa on Boxing Day - just three days after going off with a hip problem against Blackburn.

The Czech keeper, who let a shot from Shaun Maloney slip through his hands, said: "We took a little bit of a risk at Villa. At the end of the game the injury was worse and they didn't allow me to play again. Since then I have been sidelined." Cech, who has missed the Blues last four games, returned to full training this week and said: "Hopefully I am on my way back."

Daily Mail

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still of the idea that results we're getting are in spite of having Grant, and a big cardboard cut out of Mourinho would have the edge.

At the end of the day, does it really matter? We are supporters of a team not of the managers. We are doing exceptionally well at the moment and still in with a shout of all four cups, and that is something i would never dreamed possible once Jose left.

Spurs will be a tough challenge for us, but if we can sign Anelka and get Cech and Lamps back for this one then things will be a hell of a lot better.

At the end of the day, does it really matter? We are supporters of a team not of the managers. We are doing exceptionally well at the moment and still in with a shout of all four cups, and that is something i would never dreamed possible once Jose left.

Spurs will be a tough challenge for us, but if we can sign Anelka and get Cech and Lamps back for this one then things will be a hell of a lot better.

You're right in a way, it doesn't really matter. But theres a void that could be filled with a productive employee of Chelsea Football Club, actually earning his wages, and contributing.

Anelka should be done tomorrow .Theres going to be bloodshed if we lose that home record to the yids.

Carlo Cudicini is back in training so I think we should not take the risk on Cech as we are going to need him at his best in the future. Carlo is more than able and I think he has looked better than Cech at periods this season. He deserves another run in the team, he is a huge asset to this club because he has had the option to leave the play regular football.

Spurs are so unpredictable. One day you might put three past them, only one on another, and then another day they'll do you 6-4 :lol: I fancy us to sneak it 1-0 because derby matches are always tight.

its gonna be tight, thats guaranteed. i cant see a high scoring game, probably 3 goals max. With our injuries and players out, every premiership game is hard whether its tottenham at home, or anyone. I will be so pleased just to win this game by any score.

Will be tough, mainly because it is hard to put a team out still, the BEST we can hope to put out is:

.............................Cudicini..............................

Belletti........Alex..................Carvalho......A.Cole

.............................Sidwell...............................

...............SWP.......................Ballack................

J.Cole.....................Anelka...................Malouda

And that is taking into account that Cudicini is fit (was on bench last night), that Anelka signs and that Malouda is able to play after a intense return to action.

Just by looking at Steve Sidwell from that availiable side, makes me ask one question.

"Why the fuck did we get rid of Lassana Diarra??"

Just by looking at Steve Sidwell from that availiable side, makes me ask one question.

"Why the fuck did we get rid of Lassana Diarra??"

Because he didn't want to stay and demanded to leave, much like he is doing at Arsenal already...

From the BBC Website

"The Stamford Bridge faithful have not seen their side lose in a colossal 73 home Premier League games; Tottenham's long suffering travelling supporters have only witnessed one victory on the road this season (0-1 at Portsmouth on 15 December).

This is the most one-sided fixture in the Premier League. Chelsea have only lost once to Tottenham, and have never been beaten at home by them in the Premier League era. Indeed the west Londoners have won 12 and drawn five of the last 17 home league matches against Spurs."

That is SO much in our favour. I don't see why we can lose today

We lost last season at 3 point lane when we thought there was no chance of losing. Hopefully things will be different at the Bridge this time and we can get revenge for that defeat.. but Spurs is always a tricky fixture

Edited by captainmarvel